Chicken Sausage & Cauliflower

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
Once again, way to hot to turn on the oven or stove, so did a quickie on the 26'er tonight. Grilled up a couple of the chicken and herb sausages I made a few weeks back, along with some cauliflower in the CI skillet. The cauliflower was tossed with olive oil, minced garlic, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and lemon zest. Roasted that indirect for about 25 minutes, then did 5-10 minutes direct to get some color. I had the sausages on indirect for the last 10 minutes the cauliflower was on, then direct for a couple minutes a side for some color.

IMG_6871.jpeg

IMG_6872.jpeg

IMG_6873.jpeg

Super good, and super easy meal on a hot day. I used the first thyme and oregano harvest in these sausages, and, man, do those fresh herbs pop!

Hope everyone is ready for the upcoming Groundhog Week! ;)

R

Oh, and this evening's cocktail is a twist on a Whiskey Sour...... 2 oz Rye, 1 oz orange juice (fresh), 3/4 oz lemon juice, 1/2 oz simple syrup.....yum!

IMG_6874.jpeg

Looks great Rich! Too hot here too! Last night wasn't bad, but this next week is going to be a scorcher.

Have you tried buffalo cauliflower? It's pretty tasty and worth a try.

Have you tried buffalo cauliflower? It's pretty tasty and worth a try.
I've had it as an appetizer at a restaurant, or two, but I've never cooked it.....good idea, Case!

Those sausages look and sound amazing Rich. I'm always impressed with the uniformity of the links. Nice work.
Thanks, Cliff. I have plenty of proof that not all the links come out uniformly. In fact, it happens so often that I've gotten good at finding the best side to photograph! ;)

R

awesome plate of food, going to try some grilled cauliflower this week i picked up a head on monday have never had it going to cook it the same way you did thanks for the info.

awesome plate of food, going to try some grilled cauliflower this week i picked up a head on monday have never had it going to cook it the same way you did thanks for the info.
Mike, the inspiration for the cauliflower came from this pasta dish that I make frequently....

Very nice sausage cook there Rich. The cauliflower looks great too going to give that a try for sure. We love our NG E320 it's our outside oven from breads to brats I've cooked almost everything I have cooked in the oven inside and the tank never runs out gas.

That looks really good, and for people watching their carbs and/or gluten intake I'll bet it'd be just as good with the pasta left out.
....and for those who aren't watching their carbs, feel free to ping me for tips on making your own pasta at home (Covid project.) ;)

Back