Check sum error

Dale Ward

TVWBB Fan
HeaterMeter Information Version 20131007B

Serial checksum errors: 1

What does this mean? how about a sticky on updating the HeaterMeter and Raspi software .

Thanks,
Dale

The interface between the Pi and the AVR is serial, sometimes there are errors for reasons I can not nail down. The AVR sends thousands of lines of data per hour so if your error number isn't going up every time you refresh the page you shouldn't worry about it.

I need to put some better documentation in the wiki on the software upgrade procedure, but it's pretty easy
Upgrade OpenWrt firmware (Pi/SD Card): Go to System -> Flash Firmware. Paste the url of the .gz image in the Image URL box and press buttan.
Upgrade AVR firmware: Go to LinkMeter -> AVR Firmware. Select "from online repository". Press buttan.

The larger question to be answered is what you want to flash and where to get it, which is a little disorganized at this time.

Thanks, on your quick reply

Im always wondering what the latest stable flash is. So I'm afraid to update and do wrong one.

Last edited:
v10 is still the latest and has been since October of last year. The v10 AVR firmware was updated last in March to address a problem where the fan doesn't work right while the alarm is ringing. At some point I'm going to sit down and design a larger update process that you can access from the webui and know what the latest version is and one-click update to it. It's kind of a low priority though because there's only an update like once a year.

Am I remembering correctly that you had some bits of information that I needed to include in the wiki but I never did? Someone made a post with like 3-5 very helpful things that should be in there but I lost them in the forum churn and I've been looking for them every since.

Back