Cheap Tri Tip

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Wasn't my best moment behind the grill. I had BBQ burgers last night on the SF, I did a visual inspection of the grill, and didn't see any potential grease fire. I put the TT on the SF at it's lowest setting (200 I think) and it smoked for nearly an hour before hitting 100. At that time, I cranked the SF up to 400 and moved the TT to the middle, which is directly over the firebox. Fortunately I did because I did infact have a grease fire once the SF was full song. I managed to get the TT off before it was ruined, and fortunately I had my Smokey Joe going for the corn, so I was able to transfer the TT from the SF to the SJ and for the most part, the dinner was saved. These things come in 3's and this is # 1, so I'm worried for the rest of the weekend what's instore, LOL

Slideshow, you have to click to see all the pictures

Excellent save! My ROTF smiley was for your coming in threes comment, not that you had a grease fire, lol.

Although when I was a kid we had a neighbor who would have definitely found humor over the fire and other odd things.

Back