Charred Hatch Chiles

Karl Quist

TVWBB Pro
My local grocery store finally had some Hatch chiles in stock. I bought all they had out, which was only a few pounds. The produce manager said they will get more next week.

Roasting on the Performer, steaming in a paper bag. It's hard to beat the smell of freshly roasted chiles steaming in the bag.

PXL_20200912_191859183.jpg

PXL_20200912_192359813.jpg

PXL_20200912_193758523 (1).jpg

The smell of roasted chiles made me hungry, so I finished up the coals with a turkey burger, grilled purple onion, red leaf lettuce. Now watching the Duke-Notre Dame game. Not a bad afternoon.

PXL_20200912_201146663.jpg

I picked up a couple of pounds last week at a local market. Haven't roasted them yet because of local fire conditions. Just doesn't seem right. That is a nice plate shot with your burger. Like the matching rose along side the onions.

We got them here in Petaluma. Made chile Verde, NM green chile stew, and to last of em will be brisket chile tomorrow. Buttermilk corn bread too.

love the chile stew. Ate it all the time when I was making business trip to Albuquerque.

Good Job !
Nothing better than a Hatch Chili Burger...

Back in June, we pre-ordered a 10 lb box of Big Jim (Med Hot) and a 10 lb box of Joe Parker (Medium).
Received them a week ago. Chared them over some Red Oak. Once cooled to the touch, we vac'd them with out deskinning them.
Found that once frozen and then thawed, the skin removal is easiest of all.

We were on a trip in NM during chile season a few years ago. So many markets had giant roasting tumblers going in the parking lot. Oh, the aroma!

Yours look delicious!

Back