Charcoal vs Gas

Joe Garrett

TVWBB Member
Hi Kevin,

I have up until now only owned charcoal Weber grills. If you had to choose one, and only one Weber to use, which would you pick, and why?

Thanks,
Joe

Joe,
This question is way to hard to answer. The Weber Q line is awesome especially this weekend when I am going to be tailgating at the 500! The newly redesigned Spirit series is #1 in consumer reports and packs a huge punch. The Genesis started it all off in 1985 and has been #1 in consumer reports numerous times. The Summit-enough said!! Now if I would be forced to choose it would either be the Genesis 330 or the Summit 470-670. You cannot go wrong with either. The Summit though has more features which is why I would move in that direction.

Thanks for the question and have a great holiday.

Kk

I've been asked this question a lot too, and came to similar conclusion as Kevin -- though I have only owned the Genesis in addition to a number of lesser grills over the years before. To me the Summit is purely a question of whether you can afford it.

As to charcoal vs. propane, I've never been able to answer that satisfactorily for myself. Maybe just don't do enough charcoal cooking other than smoking on the WSM. But it may also be that in either case, charcoal or propane, I almost always use wood chunks -- so maybe the difference is just not as clear to me.

Rich

Back