Caught some Huge trout!!!!

Michael C.

TVWBB Gold Member
I did some fishing over the weekend at Jess Ranch Lakes in Apple Valley, CA., about 30 or so miles from my house. Using rainbow powerbait only, I was able to land 4 good size trout!!! I took them home, filleted them, seasoned with garlic power, onion power, and garlic pepper the two largest fillets, and froze the rest. I grilled them directly over lump coals skin side down, they were done in about 15 minutes. Very tasty eating fish!!! Here are the photos.

perfect morning to go fishing.

Nice lake

as big as a cookie sheet!

fillets

on the grill

Time to eat!

Last edited:
To this day, one of the meals I remember most is freshly caught lake trout, cleaned next to the lake, and into a cast iron pan on the fire with some butter and flour.

These look great, Michael! Nice work!

R

Wow Michael, those are impressive rainbows! Nice job cooking them too. I love the taste of rainbows over coals...

Regards,

John

Man!

Those are some nice, fat, perfect-meal-size 'Bows!
I like the way that you cooked 'em. With nice, fresh fish like those; anything too "fancy" just WRECKS them.

I could eat those for Breakfast, Lunch, & Supper...

More tight lines & good eating to ya'

Holey Mackerel!
These would make John Gillesipie faint!

Trout2.jpg

And the grilled catch looks danggood tasty Michael!!

Wow... I can't remember the last time I had fresh trout. What a treat. The fillets look delicious.

Brings back memories of trout fishing up by Bishop. Catch em, Clean em, Cook em.

Where near Bishop did you fish Rich. When I was about 5 until my early 20's we would go every summer about a mile below South Lake to a place called Parchers Rainbow Camp. Back then it was great fishing and a great place to spend vacations. Great fishing and great fun.

Thanks guys, yes, it was a lot of fun catching those huge trout!!! They were good eating too! I'm going to try to get one more fishing trip planned before it gets too hot and the bite will slow down a bit.

Back