1 1/2 TB. mustard powder
2 tsp. hot sauce
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
2 TB. unsalted butter, melted
8 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
vegetable oil for brushing
1 large tomato, sliced

1. Preheat a grill to medium. Whisk the yellow mustard, vinegar, brown sugar, mustard powder, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 tsp. salt, and pepper to taste in a bowl. Whisk in the butter.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then toss with about one-third of the mustard sauce in a large bowl until coated. Let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
3. Brush the grill grates generously with vegetable oil. Put about 1/4 cup of the remaining mustard sauce in a small bowl for basting and reserve the rest for topping. Grill the chicken, covered, basting occasionally with the sauce, until well marked and a thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 170 degrees F, 10 to 12 minutes per side.
4. Serve the chicken with the reserved mustard sauce, and sliced tomato.

Source: Food Network mag.

I posted this last month on another thread. Said we made it for the first time on 10-2-21. Just found out that we made it for the first time back in 9-10-11 and gave it a Very Good rating then also. I also found out that I never posted it on the poultry thread either. lol

Carolina-Style Barbecue Chicken

1/2 cup yellow mustard
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 1/2 TB. mustard powder
2 tsp. hot sauce
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
2 TB. unsalted butter, melted
8 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
vegetable oil for brushing
1 large tomato, sliced

1. Preheat a grill to medium. Whisk the yellow mustard, vinegar, brown sugar, mustard powder, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 tsp. salt, and pepper to taste in a bowl. Whisk in the butter.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then toss with about one-third of the mustard sauce in a large bowl until coated. Let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
3. Brush the grill grates generously with vegetable oil. Put about 1/4 cup of the remaining mustard sauce in a small bowl for basting and reserve the rest for topping. Grill the chicken, covered, basting occasionally with the sauce, until well marked and a thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 170 degrees F, 10 to 12 minutes per side.
4. Serve the chicken with the reserved mustard sauce, and sliced tomato.

Source: Food Network mag.

I posted this last month on another thread. Said we made it for the first time on 10-2-21. Just found out that we made it for the first time back in 9-10-11 and gave it a Very Good rating then also. I also found out that I never posted it on the poultry thread either. lol
Sounds a lot like the mustard sauce I make. My wife would put it on mashed potatoes :) She likes it on ribs, pulled pork and chicken. Not sure if she's tried it on beef or fish yet.

Back