Carnitas!

Hey this past Monday I adapted my gramma's old Italian Beef recipe to the pressure cooker and subbed boneless chuck ribs for bottom round or eye of round and shredded instead of sliced. I could hear gramma telling me "Si figlio mio" I think she kissed me from heaven because it was a meal I brought to my dad's and he agreed gramma must have guided my hands. I did in an hour what used to take her multiple steps and most of the day to make.
And I don't use those "sissy" plug in pots I use an honest to God pressure cooker on the stove :D Just kidding about the "sissy" part. I just as many know eschew all those plug in cookers people seem to love. Mine are limited to mixer, food processor, toaster oven and microwave. And my VitaMix

Say what you want Larry but I love my instant pot (y). It's sort of like those pesky pellet grills, you know set it and forget it.
Made a batch of 15 bean soup, after a one minuet high pressure cook of the beans and let them sit for one hour then dump the rest of the ingredients in and a 3 minuet high pressure cook 10 minuet natural pressure release and soups on and it was great.
That cook you did sure does sound delicious also.
Toaster oven....really:rolleyes:

Say what you want Larry but I love my instant pot (y). It's sort of like those pesky pellet grills, you know set it and forget it.
Made a batch of 15 bean soup, after a one minuet high pressure cook of the beans and let them sit for one hour then dump the rest of the ingredients in and a 3 minuet high pressure cook 10 minuet natural pressure release and soups on and it was great.
That cook you did sure does sound delicious also.
Toaster oven....really:rolleyes:
Gotta make toast sometimes. Me? I would simply have a toaster. Wife? Another story altogether. She would have every damn plug in convenience item ever made if she had half a chance. We go round and round about it. Her latest is she wants an Air Fryer. I asked her why. She says it's "healthier". After I stopped laughing I explained the physics of how frying works and so far she hasn't been bugging me too much. I get the IP. If you don't know how to use an actual pressure cooker they're nice. Because you simply set and forget. But, honestly I do the same on the stove. Up to pressure, set burner to low and walk away until I hear a timer and shut the burner off. No giant plug in appliance to store, no cords all over, just as fast (faster maybe) and just as flexible (though there is a learning curve I get that). I may actually buy daughter one because her skill levels are like her mom's. She can't make rice so buys a rice cooker, doesn't know how to "actually fry" so buys an air fryer.

Gotta make toast sometimes. Me? I would simply have a toaster. Wife? Another story altogether. She would have every damn plug in convenience item ever made if she had half a chance. We go round and round about it. Her latest is she wants an Air Fryer. I asked her why. She says it's "healthier". After I stopped laughing I explained the physics of how frying works and so far she hasn't been bugging me too much. I get the IP. If you don't know how to use an actual pressure cooker they're nice. Because you simply set and forget. But, honestly I do the same on the stove. Up to pressure, set burner to low and walk away until I hear a timer and shut the burner off. No giant plug in appliance to store, no cords all over, just as fast (faster maybe) and just as flexible (though there is a learning curve I get that). I may actually buy daughter one because her skill levels are like her mom's. She can't make rice so buys a rice cooker, doesn't know how to "actually fry" so buys an air fryer.
I got to admit I could plug some kitchen appliance into every plug in the house and would run out of plugs before I ran out of appliances. But at least we have the storage for all of the "stuff" and we do use 90% of them frequently.
I remember growing up in the 'burbs of Chicago and my Mom and Grandmother were always cooking something in the pressure cooker on the stove top.
My big headache is cooking brown rice, one of the few things that I have a problem with in the kitchen, might be due to the altitude. The IP does it perfectly every time so it's worth it just for that.

I never eat brown rice. Don't like it (taste and texture more reminiscent of the box it came in). Honestly there are only 2 rice types I use. (Jasmine/Basmatti or Arborio) other than that no interest in the stuff

Back