Can you bbq scallops?

Gutsy. She loves them. Everyone in the house does. But it s gutsy. I am not an fan so it us hard for me to know when to pull them. So I let them do it and i do the outside cook.

Gutsy. She loves them. Everyone in the house does. But it s gutsy. I am not an fan so it us hard for me to know when to pull them. So I let them do it and i do the outside cook.
It’s so easy and simple. I can teach you. It’s all indirect for 10 mins and then rotate the grill and move to direct and flip a few times and then pull. The direct heat is for sear texture only. Impossible to mess up if you follow this method. I’m using CBs only for my lump. No coals on the grate. Perfection every time and this works for shrimp too.

That looks great! I will be trying that and the shrimp version.
Thanks for the details.
SPOG is always a good start. I added some paprika for color. You can also use hot chili powder for color and/or cayenne powder.

You can even sprinkle Old Bay as your seasoning and then lube with EVOO so nothing sticks to your grates. And grates clean of debris will help with nonstick.

Enjoy!

Love bacon wrapped scallops. Are yours grilled or baked? How’s the time work to get the bacon done without overcooking the scallops?
You have to precook the bacon 1/2 way first and then wrap the scallops. I marinated the scallops in a tequila lime sauce.
Cooked on charcoal 2 zone fire or gasser on the top rack, just don't walk away or their toast...:D
In the picture above the scallops are uncooked.

Back