Can’t get TVWBB to load

J Grotz

TVWBB Wizard
I can’t get tvwbb to load on my home network. Desktops, tablets, phones, nothing can pull it up. When I turned off Wi-Fi on my phone to disconnect it from the network, tvwbb loads. Obviously, I am posting this from my phone.

I’ve tried rebooting the computer, router and cable modem. It loaded once, then refused to load the next link I clicked.

I’m have Spectrum internet with an Arris Surfboard SB6183 cable modem, Linksys WRT 1200AC router with separate 8-port gigabit switch, and an iMac running Mojave. The iMac is connected via Ethernet.

I logged into the router, but I’m not good with networks. Nothing obvious, like parental controls, is amiss (though that would have been a good gag by my wife, but she doesn’t even know what a router is).

Help!

Is it only TVWBB?

Open a command shell (Win-R, "cmd" and hit enter,) run "nslookup tvwbb.com", then run "tracert tvwbb.com" and paste the results here. Enter "exit" to get out of the shell.

Chris, None of the devices on my network can pull up TVWBB.com, whether they are on Wi-Fi or network cable. It’s only when I disconnect my phone from my home network and use the cellular network that I can load it and post.

Spectrum may have changed their own settings. Try doing a google search for tvwbb. When the site is found try that link. Seems I had to go through that with Comcrap as well

That's the right IPv4 address for tvwbb.com (at least is end from here...)

Traceroute (should have spotted that, you're using an iMac,) may apparently seem to hang, give it a couple of minutes to finish. By default, it shouldn't go more than 30 hops.

Now, this is interesting, Chris. Does your hosting company disable ICMP? While I can get to tvwbb.com, traceroute stops returning data after 19 hops.

I've been at this forum thing a long time, like 20 years. There have been instances where individual ISPs have been the problem, they've either blocked the forum URL or there's something wrong with their DNS lookup. It usually requires that the affected user contact their ISP to inquire about a fix.

By the way, here's my nslookup and tracert:

Untitled-1.jpg

Traceroute completes for you, ICMP is on.

Now it's getting more interesting. Your #17 hop is #19 for me. I have nothing beyond that but failures.

Curiouser and curiouser. I'm gonna have to talk to the network experts in the office.

Code:
nslookup 158.106.135.183

183.135.106.158.in-addr.arpa    name = host.host.tvwbb.

Authoritative answers can be found from:

tvwbb is now a TLD? To me, that looks like a flawed DNS entry. A forward lookup for host.host.tvwbb fails.

I tried Larry’s suggestion and it still says Safari can’t open the page because the server where this page is located this in responding. I am also doing the traceroute and it is on line 44 and still going, though since line 21 it is only *** on a line

The trace is still going, it’s up to line 50, but here is a picture of the first 20 lines that contain actual data rather than asterisks.

A0EAF2E0-1BF0-4626-ADC3-F09DD1EEEB29.jpeg

<scratches head> 44 hops and still going? That's..... odd, unless you've dug very deep into the network stack configuration, I'm pretty sure the default is 30 hops. Still, you're at what looks like the edge router to the hosting company. Break the program (probably Ctrl-C,) there's no reason to keep going.

Your request is almost certainly getting to tvwbb.com. At this point, if it were me, I'd be diving into a wireshark trace, but that's not for the faint of heart. Try LMichael's suggestion in post #7,

If traceroute is failing, expect ping to fail as well. Both are implemented in ICMP. No idea why it's working for Chris and not for you & I.

The trace route says it has 64 hops max and it did stop at 64. Only the first 20 hops have any info, though.

Back