Can’t upload photos from iphone

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
phone did an update and ever since. Any upload photos to a thread. Says it’s uploaded the photo 100% and gets stuck there.

Are you at iOS 15.1? Whenever I have issues with my iPhone, there's an update waiting to be installed

Are you at iOS 15.1? Whenever I have issues with my iPhone, there's an update waiting to be installed
Yes it updated yesterday .

I was having issues before the update. The issue prior to not uploading is it only places the photos at the top of the post. Used to be able to place the curser and the photo would insert there. Not sure if that’s still case as it won’t upload photos at all now.

You all are gonna miss some good food!

I always hate to suggest this because it's a pain in the butt, but try clearing your browser cache and cookies on the iPhone. This is often the key to resolving weird forum software behaviors.

I always hate to suggest this because it's a pain in the butt, but try clearing your browser cache and cookies on the iPhone. This is often the key to resolving weird forum software behaviors.
That was the first thing I did. Still no go.

When you upload your photo it should give you an option on what size to use. Are you selecting original? Try medium or small (smaller KB transfer). See if that helps. Good luck!

When you upload your photo it should give you an option on what size to use. Are you selecting original? Try medium or small (smaller KB transfer). See if that helps. Good luck!
Well here’s another glitch. I have tried the smaller sizes. Only problem with that is it now rotates the image 90° so it’s sideways. So if anyone wants to lol at my photos they’ll have to turn their computer screens 90°. Ughh.

Yep tried that too.

This is the only forum that uses the this platform that I’m having these issues with .

53DA0188-2871-4043-9224-248F3645E03A.jpegE672C468-C5BB-4B02-8358-CAD26BBB8045.jpeg I’m having the same problem where the pictures appear at the top of my post rather than my insertion point when using iPhone. I will do some research on this on the Xenforo support website.

I was able to upload these photos using iPhone 13 Pro on iOS 15.1. Each was uploaded as "actual size" and each was about a 2MB file size.

Use a computer. I honestly cannot fathom how people try to use these message boards on a phone. ANY phone.

Worked for me on updated iPhone, hope you get this sorted out Case... enjoy you're posts..

Worked for me on updated iPhone, hope you get this sorted out Case... enjoy you're posts..
We’re you able to put your photo below your text? Or did the photo insert above your text?

Yeah still can’t get photos to load right. Who knows.

Use a computer. I honestly cannot fathom how people try to use these message boards on a phone. ANY phone.
Again, not helpful.

Just FYI, 60% of the sessions on the forum are using mobile phones. 35% are computers. 5% are tablets.

Last edited:
CaseT, the issue of image jumping above text is a known issue at Xenforo. They use some third-party software for the WYSIWYG text editor box in which you type your text and insert your images, and the problem was introduced in an update some time ago. It is supposed to be fixed in the Xenforo 2.2.8 release (we are currently on 2.2.7 Patch 1). Not sure when 2.2.8 will be available.

Supposedly, a workaround is to use the "Attach files" button instead of the "Insert image" function in the editor. Let me get my iPhone and give it a try in the next reply.

Testing text above image using Attach files button.

Attachments

• EA2FFF36-EF1D-497B-AECF-2773E8490E72.jpeg
    EA2FFF36-EF1D-497B-AECF-2773E8490E72.jpeg
    191.7 KB · Views: 0

Back