Butterball 3 pound Turkey Breast Boneless

Brian B Atlanta

TVWBB Gold Member
Looking for some suggestions but I am planning on doing this on my performer at 350 so estimating 25 min per pound pull at 160 hate dried out turkey. So my plan is to split my charcoal baskets on either side with the breast in the middle. Will do a rub a few chunks of wood spray the breast with fake butter do I need to put a foil pan under the breast? Should I wait 25 minutes then spray it with the fake butter? Trying to get it to brown a bit only 3 of us so this should be more than enough.

Brian, I cooked the same thing for Thanksgiving. It outshined my Mom in laws whole turkey, so I’ve been asked to do another for Christmas. A foil pan under will help with clean up. I used a kamado at 260-ish degrees (I used a Digi Q to regulate the temperature of the grill). I don’t spritz. I have tried it in the past, but I don’t like opening the grill during my cooks. My turkey breast came pre-seasoned, but I made a rub and applied it over the top and left it in the fridge overnight. The next day, I took it out, set up the grill, and put the turkey breast on. The best turkey I’ve ever eaten I cooked “Texas Style”,so I let it go over oak and lump charcoal until it reached 145 degrees. I then double wrapped it in foil, adding butter and dousing it with a good amount of honey, then closed it up and let it go on the grill until it reached 158 degrees. I pulled it and placed in a small cooler and let it carry over until it reached 165. It was the best one I’ve done. Good luck on yours!

Cee thanks for the reply I would have put some foil under the breast for cleanup anyway was not sure if the dripping would amount to anything so that is why I asked about the foil pan which on second thought will use one of those anyway.

Back