Burner Issues on Spirit E-310

Evan-MA

I’m having issues with the burners and one of the knobs on my Weber spirit E-310. The burner knob farthest to the right is almost impossible to turn and the burners themselves only get the grill up to 150f. Do I need all new burners?

Seems like 2 separate issues. Odds are the stiff to turn is due to corrosion internally in the valve. This is NOT a fix but a test. Shoot a little WD40 behind the knob(s) and then turn the valve stem. If loosens up you need to do a disassembly, clean and relube (follow Chris Allingham's excellent write up and pictorial). Again shooting WD40 in there is NOT a fix, simply a test to see if that is what is causing the binding. As for temps not coming up. We don't know if you have a NG or LP grill (different trouble shooting is needed depending on the fuel used.

I would start with Larry's advice and then take the grates and flavorizer bars out so you can visually inspect everything. Light the grill and see what's going on with the flames.

Seems like 2 separate issues. Odds are the stiff to turn is due to corrosion internally in the valve. This is NOT a fix but a test. Shoot a little WD40 behind the knob(s) and then turn the valve stem. If loosens up you need to do a disassembly, clean and relube (follow Chris Allingham's excellent write up and pictorial). Again shooting WD40 in there is NOT a fix, simply a test to see if that is what is causing the binding. As for temps not coming up. We don't know if you have a NG or LP grill (different trouble shooting is needed depending on the fuel used.
It’s liquid propane. I’ll try the wd-40 trick and let you know what happens.

I had issues with really weak flame with LP. Tried a different tank, same issue. Brought one of the tanks in to have it filled (not swapped). Mentioned the weak flame, and the guy said maybe my tank needed to be bled. Apparently if they go completely empty at some point, they might have air in them? He used an allen screw to open up a bleed screw for about 10-15 seconds. Told me to take it home and try it. Problem fixed. YMMV. I should also mention he did not fill it, just bled it and had me try it again.

If LP it might just need the OPV reset. As a point of knowledge, when you turn your grill off always turn off the burners first, then if you wish turn off the tank. When starting Always start the tank first. Don't just slam the valve open. Open it slowly. Then turn on one burner only and light, follow with the remaining burners.
To reset everything, turn it all off. Disconnect the LP tank, reconnect then use the directions I gave above

I’ve tried the reset described, did nothing. I also spray some wd-40 on the valve stem, it know turns but it doesn’t stop at the proper place. I can spin it around.

Back