Brussel Sprouts

Large bowl, halve the larger ones, salt, pepper, drizzle with EVOO, toss really well, then grill.
Finish with some Parmesan and a little squeeze of lemon. Keep it simple.
Yup! Only thing I’d add is indirect cooking so you don’t burn the sprouts. They’ll come out crispy on the outside and cooked through on the inside, if you like them that way. Sometimes we’ll add a small amount of balsamic vinegar when plating them.

Another way is to grill as above and in a pan, sauté red onion, assorted bell peppers and chopped bacon and combine all when cooked.

We loved sprouts on the grill. I use both my lodge CI skillet and my grill veggie basket. 3/5 of the time it is halve the larger ones, salt, pepper, garlic powder, drizzle with EVOO, grill, I start indirect and then finish direct to get the desired char.
The other 2/5 of the time, I add 2 or 3 strips of bacon cut up raw into small pieces and a 1/4 of an onion diced small and a smashed and diced garlic clove , EVOO and same treatment as above.

Like others we split them, EVOO drizzle, salt, pepper, either some diced bacon or pancetta, grill/broil/skillet/flattop till slightly charred, crumble some feta over it, then drizzle some Italian balsalmic glaze to taste.

Balsamic glaze is a reduction of the vinegar with added sugar. You can make it yourself in a pan or just buy it at most grocery stores (Vons, Whole Foods, etc.) It's sweet and tart all at once and contrasts well with the fatty pungent Feta (or Blue Cheese, if you go there). I also recall making it quickly with adding maple syrup instead of sugar, then reducing. We also put this stuff on caprese and bruschetta.

Last edited:
Just to chime in, I'm late to the party. Medium to high heat roasting, dry, maybe with a little bacon. I also like a short drizzle of a good balsamic vinegar at service. Or, sauteed, again in bacon grease. IMO, no steaming, no boiling.

Thanx to all that replied to my thread; the Brussel Sprouts turned-out very tasty along with the Chilean Salmon,Garlic Mashers and Costa Rican Avocado and Beer. Brussel Sprouts were split-in-half mixed with some olive oil, Goya Adobo,white wine, S&P and some Dried Oregano.

Attachments

• xUvpgeXwToWTyGFnMUab7Q.jpg
    xUvpgeXwToWTyGFnMUab7Q.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 7PaMqaDZRJG4kv3MM7D0gg.jpg
    7PaMqaDZRJG4kv3MM7D0gg.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 15
  • SDFXVC+HTwKJ7qR+OFiPPg.jpg
    SDFXVC+HTwKJ7qR+OFiPPg.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Thanks for the followup - glad you got good results. Looks great!

We were just away on vacation to Newfoundland and I had some of the best Brussel sprouts EVER in a restaurant there...they were deep fried (which of course always makes things good) - charred and crispy, but also covered in crushed roasted peanuts, green onions, and drizzled with pad thai sauce...OMG they were so good. I'm going to try recreate them here at home...

Thanx to all that replied to my thread; the Brussel Sprouts turned-out very tasty along with the Chilean Salmon,Garlic Mashers and Costa Rican Avocado and Beer. Brussel Sprouts were split-in-half mixed with some olive oil, Goya Adobo,white wine, S&P and some Dried Oregano.
I am so glad they turned out good! Going to pick some up tomorrow, thanks for the inspiration.

Back