Brisket and Wings

Matt A

TVWBB Member
My dad asked for brisket for fathers day.

Costco Prime Grade Brisket. Salted for about 8 hours then added pepper right before putting it on

On the WSM with the DigiQ so I could get some sleep. Pecan and oak for the smoke wood.

Close to 8 hours in, time to wrap.

For some reason I waited until after the pic to tuck the paper in better.

Got some wings going while the brisket was still on.

Yes, I need to clean the grill.

Wings are done. Gotta love the vortex.

A little late on this pic. Some Franks and butter for those who wanted sauce.

The finished product. I didn't think to put up a baracade so I could get some pics. Wife grabbed these two. They were grabbing it as fast as I could cut it. Cook went a little longer than expected so everyone was ready to eat. :D

Probably my best one yet. I had been doing high heat for years, but went back to slow and low recently after picking up the DigiQ. Used ungraded packers from wally world the first few times, but they weren't that good (in my opinion, guests still enjoyed it). This is my second Costco prime. Ran it a little hot on the first one, but starting to get things dialed in with the DigiQ now. The prime grade definitely makes a difference, IMO.

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

Looks really good Matt. How was that garlic sriracha on the wings?

I really enjoyed it, as did most of the adults. I'll definitely be using it again. This rub combined with the Franks and butter sauce was excellent.

Can you talk about this? I salt but never for 8hrs.

I can't remember where but I read about someone else applying salt first overnight with a salt and pepper rub. I've done it numerous times with steaks (but for a shorter time) so figured I'd give it a shot. I don't know that it's absolutely necessary but I'm sticking with the salt/pepper rub for a while, so I'll try to salt early when I have time, especially based on how this one turned out. If you can get at least a couple hours of the salt rub it'll probably give a similar result.

Back