Brinkmann Charcoal Pan

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Looking to buy this to replace my water pan, whats the best place to get one of these???
Somebody said somethign about getting a whole brinmann smoker and just using it for parts. Where would i find one of these at a great price.
Thanks everyone,
Scot

I bought mine at Wal-Mart for about $3 or $4. make sure you get the right pan. Brinkmann also has a smaller pan that looks just like it. The smaller one is the Brinkmann water pan. This is what you want:

Brinkmann Charcoal Pan

ID #: 114-0002-0

This is what you don't want:

Brinkmann Water Pan

ID #: 114-0004-0

Wal-Mart might not use the same part #'s as Brinkmann, but the charcoal pan is a little bit bigger than the water pan.

The charcoal pan is very expensive if you buy it through the Brinkmann company, about $14.

Jim & Rocky,
Not all Walmarts carry components and parts. There are 3 super centers in my area, and none of them carry any Brinkmann parts. They have the smokers, fryers, etc, but no component or replacement parts.
Perhaps you fellas live in a large metro area where the store's inventory is larger. I had to order mine from Brinkman, and pay the price, but I felt it was worth it. I also bought a couple other goodies while I was at it. Seems like they had free shipping, and a gift in the box. If you go the the Brinkmann web site, and select a smoker, then look in accessories, you can find it, and it will tell you what product it is used in. It's kind of a difficult site to find a particular item on, but it's all there somewhere!
For your info:
Brinkmann web site
select products, then "Outdoor cooking", then Smoke-N-Grill Stainless Steel, scroll down and select "Porcelain Coated Charcoal Pan". That's the one. This is actually the water pan for the Gourmet cooker/ charcoal pan for others.
Brinkmann's site is kinda surprising. First time I went there, I recognized all sorts of products I have either seen or used, but didn't associate the Brinkmann name. Hope this helps.

Hi Ronnie,
Actually, I live in a fairly small town, but they built a huge Wal-Mart Supercenter here last July.

I don't think that the charcoal replacement pans that are sold at Wal-Mart are actually Brinkmann, or at least they don't say Brinkmann on the label. But, it is obvious that they are the same exact thing. They also sell replacement Charcoal Grates and Cooking Grates that fit the Weber Kettle Grills, but they are not made by Weber. Same exact grates and pans though, but not made by Brinkmann or Weber. That's why I mentioned in my earlier post that the part # would not be the same as Brinkmanns, because it is a different company making them. Or maybe they are getting them from Brinkmann and Weber, but have permission to put their own name on the parts.

Somewhere along the line, I acquired one of the smaller Brinkman water pans Rocky described above. I wanted to use it because of its larger capacity but its diameter is just a little too small to rest on the support bracket. I didn’t want to risk breaking or weakening the bracket by bending it to meet the new pan, so here’s what I’ve done to use the Brinkman in place of the standard water pan.

I replaced the four bottom support bracket bolts with ?” x 3” x 20 bolts and a put an acorn nut on the end of each bolt. The original hex nut was tightened all the way against the bracket to hold it in place and the rolled lip of the replacement pan fits securely over the acorn nuts. I’m guessing the smaller pan holds more than one and a half gallons when filled. This is a little less than the larger pan but still more than sufficient for long, hands-off overnight cooks. The new hardware was about 50 cents in all. Maybe this tip can save somebody a trip to Wally World.

Here’s another benefit of replacing the original water pan. My original pan has found a new special purpose in the charcoal bowl under the grate. I cut notches in the pan’s rim with tin snips where the rim struck the bottom leg mounting nuts. With the notches cut out, the pan sits tight against the side of the charcoal bowl and catches 99% of the ashes and small chunks of charcoal that fall through the grate that would otherwise collect and draw moisture in the bottom of the bowl. The pan also rests low enough in the bowl that it doesn't block the intake dampers at all.

Have a great weekend, everybody!

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back