Breakfast Pizza

Steve Petrone

TVWBB Diamond Member
In a hot oven, brown 1/2 pound breakfast sausage, and three slices of bacon (I added chopped bell pepper and onion on the top for a few minutes).

Prepare pizza dough. Add provalone cheese, sausage, bacon, onion and pepper.
Bake 3 minutes.

While the pie bakes, scramble three eggs and zap in the microwave until semi-congealed or a very soft scramble, using medium power.

When the crust comes out, add the egg and sprinkle with cheddar.
Bake three more minutes.

Breakfast pizza. Sprinkle with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper.

Sounds good, but this is not going to replace my traditional left over pizza
icon_biggrin.gif

Last night I used up some dough that was in a cold proof for 4 days. Red bell pepper, onion, smoked meat loaf crumbles, mozzarella and parmesan cheese; just left overs. It came out great. I was very tempted to grab a slice this morning!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve Petrone:
In a hot oven, brown 1/2 pound breakfast sausage, and three slices of bacon (I added chopped bell pepper and onion on the top for a few minutes).

Prepare pizza dough. Add provalone cheese, sausage, bacon, onion and pepper.
Bake 3 minutes.

While the pie bakes, scramble three eggs and zap in the microwave until semi-congealed or a very soft scramble, using medium power.

When the crust comes out, add the egg and sprinkle with cheddar.
Bake three more minutes.

Breakfast pizza. Sprinkle with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yep Steve, mighty tastey indeed. I do breakfast pizza very similar to yours. I pre bake the crust for about 5 min till crispy but still blonde, remove and let cool.
For the sauce base, I make up a batch of sausage gravy, and let cool. I do soft scramble eggs with chives, precook the bacon and hash browns. I just use one Idaho russet, grated and fried. Once everything cools down I assemble it. Sausage gravy down first, hash brown broken into little pieces, eggs, bacon and top with american cheese. Put in fridge overnight and finish the cook in the AM. Guys at work like when I bring one in. Very time consuming to make, and cool everything, but well worth it. One of my favorite pizzas.

Back