Brats (don't tell Lampe!)

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
A quick warmup meal on the grill as we start off Memorial Day (and it was a good start, my company gave all 78k employees the day off!) :) I pulled some of the brats I made in April out of the freezer this morning, but they weren't quite thawed at dinner time. No problem, since I like the onion bath then grill method (sorry, Jim!) :) Fired up some old charcoal remnants in the 26'er, topped with new briqs, and off we went. About 45 minutes later, I moved the sausages to the grill over direct heat to color them up, and dry/crisp the casings. Easy, peasy, and very tasty with some dijon mustard......

In the bath:

IMG_6634.jpeg

About to come off the grill:

IMG_6635.jpeg

I love sausages, and, even more, I love homemade sausages! Good thing I've got about 25 more links in the freezer, and about 10lbs of pork butt ground up ready to become sausage when the whim strikes me. One of my favorite ways to use ground pork.......mix it up with some breakfast sausage spices (salt, pepper, sage, ginger) the night before, then enjoy the next morning.

Hope everyone has a great Mem Day weekend!

Rich

Those brats look delicious Rich. I still marvel at the job you did stuffing and getting such uniform length. I could surely down a couple of those. I like the beer bath too.

Yum! Those are some fine looking brats! I’d like mine with sautéed onion, apple and homemade sauerkraut please!

To each his own brats are always good one way or another. looks guud
For sure. If they didn't turn out well, I wouldn't cook them this way! (....and, for the record, I don't boil them.......more of a poach......just in case Jim is lurking.....) ;)

R

Back