Boneless Flanken on the SmokeFire

SteveF (Alpine)

TVWBB Fan
Beginning to feel like a bit of a one trick pony with all of our dishes looking the same but here’s some boneless flanken using pit boss competition pellets at 400 degrees to an internal temp of about 125. Big shout out to @Bruno for the many recommendations for Oakridge BBQ rubs! We did one in Santa Maria rub and one with carne crosta steakhouse rub. Freakin’ amazing!

D1602CEA-9BE0-41CA-9610-2981FF3CFB52.jpeg

F1438069-0A92-40AB-876E-7D8DCBD3873A.jpeg

That looks great, I had no idea there was such a thing as boneless flanken cut. I buy the bone in at Sams , trimming the meat off the bone to use for carne asada tacos.

That looks really tasty, Steve! I don't think you have to worry about your cooks "looking the same", if they look like that! I've only had one sip of coffee this am, and I want boneless flanken ribs for breakfast!! :ROFLMAO:

That looks great, I had no idea there was such a thing as boneless flanken cut. I buy the bone in at Sams , trimming the meat off the bone to use for carne asada tacos.
Lynn, I have never seen this cut either.....then again, if they can cut boneless short ribs, they can cut boneless flanken!! :)

R

Thanks everyone! There are two different flanken cuts we get. The thin ~1/4” with bones we do Korean style ribs with and these thick ~3/4” ones we get from Costco. The thick ones are great grilled whole and then sliced or sliced first, marinaded and skewered.

Both versions look excellent, Steve. I'll have to keep an eye out for these on my next Costco run.

Back