BOLO

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
OK guys, if you are a rehabber or just looking for a good grill to fix up for yourself, I think this will be the weekend to find them. With the weather finally turning nice (up north any way) and people getting their stimulus checks, I am thinking there will be a lot of new grill buying and the old ones will get pushed to the curb. I am thinking that starting Saturday and through the first couple days of next week you will see them hitting CL and FB MP. Up north anyway.

It's already too hot ☀🔥 here to even grill! Well, tomorrow supposed to drop back from the 90's to the low 80's - sorry you snowbound people:).

Grill activity here has been fairly low key with an occasional good find that I have to pass on. A lot of people pushing $300 Spirits and $500 Genesis II's.

I have been getting the same up here Jon. I can't believe the prices people are asking for used and uncleaned grills up here this year. Very few of the "rehab - Curb alert" finds that I have seen in years past. I attributed it to the weather and more so the Carona stuff going on. With the stimulus checks going out, I think people might be ready to "do something". Just a guess though. We shall see.

Be truthful here ...... am I the only one that had to google search "Bolo" ??
If I had ever heard this term before, it is buried deep in some cobwebs of
my brain. :D

“Be On Look Out”
I watch too much NCIS!
Or it means a western tie but, 5at really would not make much sense.
Not much around here for any kind of realistic pricing either, my $20 almost mint 18.5 (nearest one in the avatar) was twelve years ago! Did snag a “Free” redhead last spring but, it was for parts! The poor thing was seriously abused!
My maroon Genny was also $20 come to think of it, the guy wanted 40 but, had not sold in a month and his wife was tired of seeing it next to the bright shiny tin loser she bought for him for his birthday!
Have a good day!

Now that is funny right there. I try not to us acronyms like so many on the net do these days. I find myself spending more time looking up those trendy internet acronyms all the time, but I figured everyone would recognize BOLO. That has been around on nearly every cop show/series since before the internet.

Somewhat nice today but we're apparently due for another snow event this PM into the over night. As for the BOLO other than that one Skyline (which IMO was over priced) I have not seen anything worth rehabbing and flipping

Same here. Quite a few grills but all expensive. I wonder if some folks trying to sell because they got laid off and need the money. I hope not but you never know. I don’t want to restore but I need a cheap donor x000 to salvage an LP manifold. 😂 one free one showed up last week but I was 20 min late.

I dont think that is the reason around me. I have been seeing these grill prices for over two months now. I just need some good weather so I can stick my rehabs out there with all the $250 wrecks that already out there.

It could be the Grill that J Grotz posted is due to it being NG. They may have moved or are moving and don't have a hookup. But that looks like pretty darn good deal.

Last edited:
Hahaha, yah, but I have seen where they don't even include a picture of the grill without the cover.

It's already too hot ☀🔥 here to even grill! Well, tomorrow supposed to drop back from the 90's to the low 80's - sorry you snowbound
Again we love to have you here but I have to warn you. It snowed several times since the last warning and is supposed to snow 6 inches in a day. But then again 90s sounds bad to me too.

It seems like there are more grills hitting the curbs and being offered for rehab prices around me right now. Finally!!!! Now that I am flush for a while.

WEll, I don't know about other areas, but I was right, Grills were popping today on CL and FB MP. there were at least two I would have pursed if I hadn't gotten the windfall on Saturday. Lots of Chinesium grills curb alerts too.

Skylines must have been really popular in Minnesota. Seems like have seen quite a few up there. Someday I am going to get one of those two burner ones. For two years in a row there have been ones listed an hour or two from me but always in the peak of tax season🤨.

Our activity seems about normal. My first searches of the area around central Indiana, including Indianapolis, have so far been pretty disappointing.

Back