Birthday Brisket

Kaz S

TVWBB Pro
Yesterday was my birthday. Another year older. I turned 32! And to celebrate this great day I cooked a big hunk of beef and had a blast just relaxing outside in the shade by my wsm!

First peak
photo-48.jpg

Looking awesome, let it rock n roll on!

This was my view.
photo-49.jpg

I am a lucky man!

photo-50.jpg

Beautiful weather too. Couldn't ask for a better birthday then 32!

oh the brisket!

photo-51.jpg

Yep time to foil it.

photo-52.jpg

Little pitmaster privilege off that top corner :)

And through the miracle of time. The little one grows another few inches.

photo-53.jpg

And tap dances a jig on dad's laptop. Anything to get a bite of that goodness she's been smelling all day.

Several birthday beers later. It was done.

photo-54.jpg

Super tender. My friends and family loved it, high fives a plenty!

THIS!

photo-55.jpg

Yep, 32 is a great birthday to have. I got the Weber Smoke book, new charcoal baskets, and a huge plate of that awesome looking brisket. Sides were french fries, brussel sprouts, fresh caught grilled pompino with peppers and feta and a angel food cake with whip cream and strawberries. Thanks all. Yep, lucky man. Hope your next birthday is the same.

Happy birthday man! Great pics of the family and the brisky. The photo of the little one the laptop is precious!

Happy Birthday Kaz...
Great photos and family. You are blessed. Brisket looks very good. All that's missing is a picture of you!!

Here I am, hungover, unshaven and recently woken up by a hungry youngin.

photo-56.jpg

And here's my high heat rig. Why can't Cajun bandit or somebody bend a few tabs outta stainless steel and make a door flipper holder that hangs on the wsm? With a few tabs for different adjustments? Seriously people. We need this. We deserve this!

photo-57.jpg

That's what its all about my friend: good food and great family. Congrats on another year...here's to many more. Cheers!

1st off happy b'day my friend. 32. your just a puppy. lol..... love your maroon weber otg. really nice. your brisket looks perfect. really nice. and your got your wife to mow the lawns. your are a lucky man buddy. :wsm:

1st off happy b'day my friend. 32. your just a puppy. lol..... love your maroon weber otg. really nice. your brisket looks perfect. really nice. and your got your wife to mow the lawns. your are a lucky man buddy. :wsm:

Thanks sparky, but it is a true red. It's a '99 two tone red mastertouch, pre OTG. I think this maybe one of the greatest 22" kettles made. Feature packed with the removable dual purpose thermometer, lid bale, and ash bucket. I added a SS flip up grate. But it's still got the classic kettle look to it and a sweet NLA color too. Only thing I would like to add is a insulated top vent like performers of the same year came with. It's a sharp little kettle. Here is another photo of it.

20120911_125219.jpg

Back