Big Butt

Les Stubby

TVWBB Fan
Can I cut a nine pound butt in half and freeze half for another day? Or should I cook the hole thng and freeze it after it's pulled? Or does it make any difference?

Les Stubby

Personally, I'd cook the whole thing and freeze what you dont eat. When you reheat add a little apple juice, or BBQ sauce and a little rub and it tastes very good.

Plus you save on fuel etc from only doing one cook.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff M:
Personally, I'd cook the whole thing and freeze what you dont eat. When you reheat add a little apple juice, or BBQ sauce and a little rub and it tastes very good.

Plus you save on fuel etc from only doing one cook. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with Jeff, I have a ton of pp frozen. Its great reheated....just added some to a frozen pizza last night for a midnite snack. Frozen pp is useful for many things.

Brandon

I agree with the above, but if you intend on keeping it frozen for a long time be sure to vacuum seal it. I think it lasts forever that way.
icon_wink.gif

As long as you are firing up the cooker, I'd recommend cooking the whole thing. You'll end up with about 4.5 lbs of meat. I don't know how many you are feeding, but you might not end up with as much left over as you might think

Back