Best yet..

NeilMacfarlane

Hands down the best turkey I’ve smoked yet. Used the virtual bullet Apple brine recipe as I do every year. However this year I paid much more attention to the producers instructions😂

Converting to US measures this was a 17/18 pound turkey (a Kelly bronze) cooked on my wsm18 to an internal temp of 140f with Weber briquettes and cherry wood. Then rested for an hour. The big talking point has been the internal temp but the finished meat was way better than any previous effort in previous years. The producers say that the Kelly bronze is overcooked at 160f !

Certainly not a low n slow as I wanted temps closer to roasting. The WSM just ran brilliantly - rock solid temps and I’d forgotten how hot you can run them (used finishing heat for sausages wrapped in streaky bacon)
Only tweaked the bottom vents throughout and no peeking at any stage. One thing I do notice is that the dome temp was under reading by 70/90f right through the cook. I measured grill level and internal temp with a dual probe thermo pro. Here’s my son with the centrepiece for our Christmas Day.

Happy and smoky 2021, everyone.

Attachments

• E421E82D-692D-423F-8095-35632B9F7179.jpeg
    E421E82D-692D-423F-8095-35632B9F7179.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 43

Back