Best Mushroom Burger Ever

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Ran across a recipe on the net that I thought would be worth trying.
Turned out to be about the best burger we’ve ever had.
Here’s a few pictures of the cook, had to do it on the gasser under the covered patio for safety reasons. No rain but lighting everywhere.

During the day Barb made a peach pie for our desert.

101_6877.JPG

101_6882.JPG

101_6890.JPG

101_6894.JPG

101_6898.JPG

101_6904.JPG

101_6907.JPG

101_6909.JPG

Recipe below
Melty Grilled Mushroom Swiss Burger

Ingredients

Vegetable oil, for grill
6 tbsp. mayonnaise
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves, roughly chopped
1 tsp. minced garlic
3/4 lb. baby bella mushrooms
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 lb. ground beef
4 brioche buns
8 slices Sargento® Creamery Sliced Baby Swiss Natural Cheese
1 c. baby arugula

Directions

Prepare a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush the grill with vegetable oil. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and dijon. Set aside.
In another small bowl, combine the vinegar, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, thyme, and garlic. Thread the mushrooms onto three 10-inch skewers (if wood, soak for 10 minutes in water before using). Brush mushrooms all over with oil mixture and season with salt and pepper.
Shape beef into 4 equally-sized patties, about 4-inches wide. Season both sides with salt and the pepper. Using your thumb, press a shallow indent into the center of each burger. Brush cut sides of buns with remaining olive oil. Set both aside.
Place buns on grill cut side down and grill until lightly toasted, about 30 seconds. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
Grill mushrooms until golden and tender, turning a few times, about 10 minutes. Remove to a plate and let sit until skewers are cool enough to handle. Remove mushrooms and thinly slice.

Meanwhile, grill patties until crust develops on bottom side, about 5 minutes. Flip and cook 4 minutes more. Top each burger with two slices of cheese, cover the grill, and cook until cheese is melted and meat is no longer pink in center, about 2 minutes more. Remove burgers to a plate.
To assemble, spread bottom buns with mayonnaise mixture. Top with arugula and a patty. Pile mushrooms on top of patty and sandwich with top bun. Serve immediately.

"Turned out to be about the best burger we’ve ever had."

Now if I could only convince DH of that. He does NOT like mushrooms and I love them. He will cook them for me, order white mushroom pizza for me, and, if I ask him to make this recipe for me, he will gladly do that, but he just does not like to eat them. So, thank you Rich, printing out the recipe.

Wish I had a piece of Barb's pie for dessert tonight. Looks soo good!!!!!

That peach pie looks good too! We’re cooking one tomorrow. Just got back from our local peach orchard.
19D672F5-4095-4223-90CE-F48A531EB98A.jpeg11120133-2AD0-43C0-BB48-74537202C688.jpeg

So that's how its done! Did similar skewers last week but no way did i get the burger right.
Uh, about that peachy pie.
So "your woman" made a peach pie, and mine yelled at me all day because there was traffic on the way to her appts. Yeah that sounds fair
/s

Looks like another great meal!

I don’t care for mushrooms but the wife does.

Peach pie however is my favorite pie! If I was a guest at your house I’d be sneaking into the fridge to get another slice or two…

When I saw mushroom burger in the title, I thought it would be a marinated and grilled portabello or the like. I should have known that meat would be involved around here. :)

Good looking burgers. I love mushrooms, but the spouse is not a fan. Doesn't stop me.

Excellent looking 'shroom burgers, Rich/Barb! Might need to be my first splurge meal after a few weeks cutting back on the red meat intake! :)

R

Great looking burger. Thanks for sharing the recipe. That peach cobbler looks great as well. Any chance that your wife would mind sharing the recipe? 😁

Back