Bend of the River/St Peter, MN

T Perkins

TVWBB Fan
Anybody on here cooking in St Peter this weekend? I will be in the backyard division once again this year. We did well last year at this contest taking RGC. Hoping to get over the hump this year and get my first GC call!

I was there. Didn't get much sleep but did do good enough to the the GC call. Pretty fun contest just wish it wasn't so loud between 2-6 am so I could get a little shut eye.

We had our chicken DQ'd because we didnt find out about the change in turn in times for the backyard contest until 1057AM. We were told our chicken is DQ'd and ribs were due in 3 minutes. The Bend of the River website said 11AM chicken, 1130AM ribs, and noon for pork. I didnt hear about the cooks meeting until 509PM on Friday, so I missed the announcements of the changed turn in times. I guess we got calls in pork and ribs but weren't there for the awards.

Congrats Jeff. Whats your team name?

Congrats Jeff! I think you were right across the road from me at Minnesota in May. I was G's Q and had come over to check out your Unkown BBQ hinges.

That's me. Are you doing anymore comps this summer. We are going to La Crosse in a couple of weeks. Then doing the full KCBS contest in Rochester and Warrens.

I am going to Farmington this weekend and LaCrosse the one after. I am also signed up for a rib cook off in Waconia and then the backyard comp in Faribault. I am debating doing the Warrens since it is a reasonable entry fee since you get a cabin as part of it.

The comp in Faribault is August 8, that is ribs, chicken and dessert. It is a fun one. I guess there is one usually in October in Prescott WI I guess.

I do want to say congrats to Tony(T Perkins) for taking 1st this last weekend in Waconia! Great job as always Tony!

Back