Bee's Knees (Gin Cocktail)

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
I've become bored with my go-to cocktails with the eternal Groundhog Day, so tonight I punched up a list of the "best" Gin cocktails. Being limited on what mixers I have on hand, I decided on a Bee's Knees. Very refreshing, good balance of sweet/tart, and I thoroughly enjoyed it......sort of a whiskey sour vibe, but with gin.

2oz Gin (whatever you like)
1/2oz fresh lemon juice (if you don't have fresh, use what you have)
1/2oz honey syrup (dissolve honey in an equal volume of warm water.....make more than you need, since you will want more! Store in fridge.)

Pour gin, lemon juice and honey syrup in cocktail shaker. Stir a bit if you feel it's needed to ensure the honey is dissolved, then add 6 ice cubes, and shake 20 times. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass with ice. Drink. Repeat.

IMG_7502.JPG

Well played Rich! I need to start making some cocktails again, I lean a bit more towards vodka rather than gin but I don't think the bees care what sort of liquor you pour. ;)

Well played Rich! I need to start making some cocktails again, I lean a bit more towards vodka rather than gin but I don't think the bees care what sort of liquor you pour. ;)

I've seen it on restaurant menus with vodka, John, so I don't think you will be violating any strict cocktail doctrine! :) It's a good one!

R

In a civilized society, "best" and "gin" are never mentioned in the same breath.;)
As the story goes, a gin craze nearly destroyed 18th century London. Then again, lots of that gin was made in bathtubs (hence "bathtub gin") and cut with all sorts of nasty stuff!

I prefer a very civilized Dutch Jonge Gin called Boomsma. You can even sip it straight with your pinky in the air.

R

Back