Been a While...Turkey Breast

CLasko

TVWBB Pro
Hey there, been a while since I posted a pic. Never fear, been lurking and enjoying everyone's posts. I decided to do some Texas style smoked turkey breasts and used the method on this forum. Thawed and deboned some Butterball breasts. Salt and pepper rub. Set up the kettle with a snake and had it run about 250-275* with some cherry wood. Let them go bare for about an hour until IT was 145*, then skin side down into foil on top of several pats of butter, back in kettle until IT was 160*. About another 30-45 minutes. Came out absolutely amazing!

Been visiting my brother in Houston alot and hitting up many bbq places and I know beef is king down in Texas, but man I'm in love with the smoked turkey breast! These were pretty spot on.

Enjoy and thanks for looking!

Lasko

Untitled by C Lasko, on Flickr

That looks fantastic. We are doing a turkey breast next week, might give your method a try.

Totally agree with your assessment of Smoked Turkey. It's one of my loves and don't get around to doing it often enough. Yours looks and sounds wonderful. Bet that butter added a ton of flavor. Nice looking cook Chris.

Looks great! Got one in the freezer, and after seeing your results, I think I'll thaw it for next weekend.

Back