Baby,

That's a pretty heavy frost! 22F here in the middle of the USA... heading for a high of 39F. Winds gusting to 15F.... and I'm supposed to go to a soccer match. Dangit, if I'm going to be outside in the cold I want to be running my smoker not watching a bunch of kids chase a ball...

That's a pretty heavy frost! 22F here in the middle of the USA... heading for a high of 39F. Winds gusting to 15F.... and I'm supposed to go to a soccer match. Dangit, if I'm going to be outside in the cold I want to be running my smoker not watching a bunch of kids chase a ball...
Hey hey watch the way you talk about the beautiful game! Besides cooking, world football is one of my biggest loves! I can't wait for indoor to start in a few weeks so I can start coaching again. You have the billows right?!?! Get that 22 WSM going with a pork shoulder and go to the game!

Even colder today...

Attachments

• E73D2891-6475-4ACA-9609-A97077448F37.jpeg
    E73D2891-6475-4ACA-9609-A97077448F37.jpeg
    258.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 97EAF256-D799-466C-9017-0AA387FE868D.jpeg
    97EAF256-D799-466C-9017-0AA387FE868D.jpeg
    317.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 3DEE9275-9F2E-441B-AA5A-3FA3BAC5713A.jpeg
    3DEE9275-9F2E-441B-AA5A-3FA3BAC5713A.jpeg
    204.8 KB · Views: 4
One of the interesting things about living in the Midwestern part of the US is that we get some pretty intense temperature fluctuations. It can get over 100° in the summer and -10° Fahrenheit in the winter. It's all part of the fun. It's still very beautiful here most of the time.

Hey hey watch the way you talk about the beautiful game! Besides cooking, world football is one of my biggest loves! I can't wait for indoor to start in a few weeks so I can start coaching again. You have the billows right?!?! Get that 22 WSM going with a pork shoulder and go to the game!
So - I did go to the soccer match, and I did freeze my *ss off, but I did enjoy myself. Soccer is actually one of my favorite sports to watch because the action never stops, the athleticism, and rough and tumble nature. Yesterday, we were watching our high school soccer team compete for and win the Missouri State Championship... My 17 yr old daughter's BF is on the team and, she and my wife are super-fans and asked me to go, so I went, and really enjoyed watching. The game went to 2 OT's then PKs due to a blown offside call, where our team should have won in regulation... Everyone was on edge b/c our starting keeper was injured with 5 minutes left and was limping too badly to finish. Then the back up keeper stepped in and blocked 3 out of 4 PKs and iced the game for our team and the crowd went wild. Definitely worth the price of admission.

Oddly enough, all 4 games I went to ended in PK's this year. I fed some of the boys on the team some BBQ a few weeks ago - they're a good bunch (at least polite when adults are around). I think a few of them may play at the college level. Might have to pick a couple favorites and keep track of them.

Back