Baby Backs and Barbies Beans

Bryan S

TVWBB Olympian
Finally got a whole weekend off from work, the first one since Easter weekend. I'm up at my Sister house cooking 3 racks of BB's and a pan of Barbies beans. It was my Nephews Birthday yesterday so this worked out good. I used Mary's Cherry Rub for the ribs, cooking over Hump Lump, and cherry wood. Beans went on at noon, ribs went on at 1:15. WSM lid temps have been between 275-300 the whole day. Ribs are all but done, dinner is at 6:00. I'll post some pics later tonight when I get home.
EDIT: Link to BB's and Barbies Beans pics.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bryan S:
Finally got a whole weekend off from work, the first one since Easter weekend. I'm up at my Sister house cooking 3 racks of BB's and a pan of Barbies beans. It was my Nephews Birthday yesterday so this worked out good. I used Mary's Cherry Rub for the ribs, cooking over Hump Lump, and cherry wood. Beans went on at noon, ribs went on at 1:15. WSM lid temps have been between 275-300 the whole day. Ribs are all but done, dinner is at 6:00. I'll post some pics later tonight when I get home. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The whole day?? How big are those BB's??
icon_eek.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Larry Wolfe:

The whole day?? How big are those BB's??
icon_eek.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here's a hint: the guy who was in line behind Bryan to buy some kept yelling "Yabba dabba do."
icon_smile.gif

Bryan! Looking forward to seeing some pics! How have you been?

I got a fat brisket on over oak with a full rack of ABT's on top, as we speak.

Actually, one of my best attempts to date. I did a high heat, cause I thought I might be getting up early for a Giants game today. I foiled them after about 2.5 hours, cranked the heat up to about 360-370.

The results were tasty, tender and moist, but they didn't pick up as much of the oak smoke as I had hoped.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wayne Truelove:
Pics look great dude! That one rib looks like a spare.....but Larry D might be right!!
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It was a St Louie cut. Since I left (forgot) the rib rack at home
icon_rolleyes.gif
it really was a tight fit on the top rack. Had to use some crushed beer cans as rib racks to get them too fit. It all worked out, but really wished I would have remembered to take the rib rack along to my Sisters house for the cook.
icon_redface.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wayne Truelove:
Originally posted by Bryan S:
Had to use some crushed beer cans as rib racks to get them too fit.
Why does Gomer PIELs come to mind?
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Wasn't at home, so it was Miller light cans.
icon_wink.gif

Back