Attention Southern California BBQ Aficionados - August 17, 2013

Bob Bass

TVWBB Gold Member
You've heard of Surf and Turf... Well, this is going to be Surf and BBQ.
Not just BBQ. But Ribs, Pigs, Watermelon, Beer and More !

From Friday August 16 thru Sunday August 18, the "Rib, Pigs & Watermelon" event will be held on the beach at Huntington Beach State Beach.
There will be a Rib eating contest, a Watermelon eating contest, a Pro BBQ contest, a Kid's Que contest, a Beer Garden, AND a whole load of Fun !

http://youtu.be/VRI70U6Syuo

http://www.shelterforthehomeless.org/ribs%2C-pigs-%26-watermelon

I know of a couple TVWBB member Pitmasters competing in the BBQ contest and a couple TVWBB members judges judging the BBQ contest.
Come out and support BBQ at its finest and have a rip roaring fun time.

*** Please Note - The Web Site listed in the video is incorrect. Please use the URL listed above. Thanks ***

Last edited:
This should be a great event, Bob. Unfortunately, Vicious Smoke can't make it. I still wanted to make a quick day trip up from SD on Sat. morning to hang out, but the wife nixed it. LOL. I'm substitute coaching my son's basketball game that day. I committed without realizing it was RP&W that weekend. Oh, well. This should be an awesome event for sure. Next stop....Dana Point.

Darn it Steve. I didn't stop by last week at Vista, you will not be at HB, I will not be at Dana Pt. Hey... how about next year at Fillmore ( chuckle... )
Wishing your Son the very best at his game! Enjoy the time as they grow older too quickly.
ps... Will try to be at Dana, but not in the tent. See you then.
( maybe this time I can watch you cook... Hey, we can even talk in depth about some subject while you're doing the turn-in boxes... ;) )

Last edited:
Darn it Steve. I didn't stop by last week at Vista, you will not be at HB, I will not be at Dana Pt. Hey... how about next year at Fillmore ( chuckle... )
Wishing your Son the very best at his game! Enjoy the time as they grow older too quickly.
ps... Will try to be at Dana, but not in the tent. See you then.
( maybe this time I can watch you cook... Hey, we can even talk in depth about some subject while you're doing the turn-in boxes... ;) )

Sure, come on by, hang out and watch. I'll probably be alone in the tent from early Sat. morning until after turn-ins (if my partner does not go...he's on the fence). I'm getting used to being alone on Sat. I can tell you that it is certainly is not the reason I am not doing better, at least. BTW, are you judging Golden Acorn? I will judging my first comp there!

Kewl ! You'll enjoy it. Just be prepared to answer the rep's questions to first timers... ;)
Thought about it, but that would make it 4 this month alone. Plus there's no place nearby to stay overnight.

Kewl Peter ! This is going to one Excellent event and an even better BBQ Contest !
ps... See you Saturday. You Got the info, correct ?

I got the day off for Saturday we may go. But its my sons birthday weekend and maribel is not sure what she wants to do for him.... Take him to a theme park? Buy him an expensive gift it go to the competition?

Tony,

Wishing your son a Very Happy Birthday !
Now doesn't it sound fantastic if he were to celebrate his Birthday on the Beach :cool:

Last edited:
Haha, been there!

Family first! See you at Dana Point (unless I'm at the Royal)!

LOL. Yep, my son keeps reminding me that I have to coach him that day. He tells me, "no BBQ that day, daddy!"

Good luck if you go to the Royal. You'll probably cook both if you go, right? Hopefully, you can add another bung (or two) and win the Jack draw too. That would be cool.

I got the day off for Saturday we may go. But its my sons birthday weekend and maribel is not sure what she wants to do for him.... Take him to a theme park? Buy him an expensive gift it go to the competition?

I think going to Ribs, Pigs & Watermelon is more of a birthday gift for you than your son! LOL

Maribel is looking at hotels to stay out there and make a nice weekend on the beach.:cool:

Back