Arkansas > Little Rock: Simms BBQ

Greg C.

TVWBB Member
If you are ever in the mood for something different try Simms. Nothing fancy but it's good. A sandwich consist of a piece of bread with a pile of meat, drowned in a tasty thin mustard sauce and another piece of bread thrown on top. No way to eat it without a fork. There are 3 Simms in Little Rock, I can only vouch for the one on Geyer Springs but have heard the others are just as good. No stainless commercial smokers here, its a brick pit with sheet metal top and lots of smoke rolling out of it.

http://simsbarbeque-ar.com/

I agree! Your experience sounds similar to mine at their John Barrow Road location. Their chopped beef sandwich is probably my favorite BBQ in Central Arkansas.

I've eaten at the one on Barrow Road a couple of times as well as the one on Camp Robinson Road in N.L.R when it existed. Never been brave enough to to eat the original one though.

While I've not been a big fan of their sauce, they cook pork better than most of the joints in central AR. Seeing this thread is gonna make me have to try them again since I've become a fan of Whole Hog Cafe's mustard sauce. Gotta compare ya know.

Back