Anyone smoke Kabob's?

Vince B

TVWBB Pro
I've had a taste for kabobs lately and was wondering if any of you guys toss them on the smoker? I normally make them on my gasser but I think the addition of some smoke might be nice. I was thinking of a high heat cook in my wsm would do the trick. What are your thoughts? TIA Vince

Ya Vince I did some yesterday.
I don't recall the time or temps maybe 300°?
But they did come out good, used some red oak and pecan.
Try it, and see what you think.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Tim

Tim did you smoke them with or without the water pan? The reason I ask is I was thinking of doing them without. Also did you use the top or bottom cooking grate? Thanks Vince

Good question Vince. I used a double stack grate on the top, I prolly had a dozen or more skewers, and my thinking was using an empty foiled pan would give me a little more smoke time. But if I do em again I would just ditch the pan and go indirect on the bottom.
HTH

Tim

Smoking cabobs would be great I'd think, though I've never done it. I would shoot for around 225-250, since the tricky part of grilling them is getting the other veggies done enough for my wife's tastes before the cherry tomatoes explode. I'm thinking low and slow might keep those tomotoes from popping open.

I tend to do a lot of skewers/kabobs/satay's on my WSM just over the coals. The trouble with "smoking" anything like this is that a) they don't take long to cook b) they typically lack the fat/moisture to hold up to a long cook.

All this said, they are easily one of my favourite things to cook. Especially when entertaining its great because the cook quick and can be prepared in advance with a myriad of sauce options.

Back