Anyone else get covid and lose taste?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth Boardman

TVWBB Fan
My wife and I both got covid a month ago and had to quarantine for 10 days. Are only symptoms were loss of taste and smell which was awful at the time but we were pretty fortunate that that's all we had. However, I'm itching to get my smoker out and smoke a brisket that I have been dying to try but don't want to waste it because I still don't have my taste fully back yet. Anyone else get it and lose their taste and if so how long did it take for you to get it back?

Not me personally, but my two sons. They’re 21. Both had it right after thanksgiving.
They were pretty sick (not hospitalized) for about a week. They did lose their taste & smell too.
Coming up on three months now, one has gotten a little back, the other still basically nothing. Probably not the answer you were hoping for, but that’s our experience.

My son in law got COVID and loss of taste and smell was one of his symptoms. Lasted about 2 weeks.

My brother had it about a month ago along with his wife he lost his taste and smell for about 3 weeks he is good now. His wife had none of those symptoms.

My 28 yr old niece had Covid in early December, just now getting some taste and smell back.

My wife and I lost our taste and smell. She tested positive and we both quarantined. I was never tested but I presumably had it. My taste came back pretty quick. It was gone for maybe a few days. There was some time before that where it occasionally seemed off. My smell took slightly longer and while I can smell I don't think that sense is as strong as it used to be. I had just a regular nasty cold a few years back and it took out my smell and taste for about a month.

My mother-in-law died of COVID-19 last April. She still hasn't gotten her sense of taste or smell back yet.
All bad humor aside, I've heard that the recovery time of the senses of taste and smell, for those who lost them due to COVID, varies greatly, with some getting it back quickly and others still not having anything 6 months later. There is even a syndrome where when the senses come back, almost everything smells and tastes like sewerage and other bad stuff. It's called Cacosmia.

My mother-in-law died of COVID-19 last April. She still hasn't gotten her sense of taste or smell back yet.
All bad humor aside, I've heard that the recovery time of the senses of taste and smell, for those who lost them due to COVID, varies greatly, with some getting it back quickly and others still not having anything 6 months later. There is even a syndrome where when the senses come back, almost everything smells and tastes like sewerage and other bad stuff. It's called Cacosmia.

My wife lost her sense of taste and smell when she first developed symptoms back in May. She still has only partially recovered them. And since she is the gourmet cook in the family all the seasoning now falls to me.

I have just recently started getting my taste and smell back after 7- 8 weeks. I had the fever, chills the whole smack it was brutal I think I watched everything on Netflix during quarintine. My sons one lost taste and smell for a few days the other not one symptom same with my wife all tested positive.

I tested positive December 22 2020.

My brother in law and his wife both came down with it (FWIW both of them are 65+). Both lost taste and smell as the first sign something was amiss. They both said they regained it in a few days. Same with his son (my oldest nephew).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back