Any 2021 Weber Gas Grill Rumors?

MKovach

TVWBB Member
Thinking of replacing my 10 year old grill, really like the "Genesis II SE-330" but didn't want to buy something now if they may introduce something I like better later this year. Thanks.

Unlike a lot of other forums (think cameras, cars, and computers), Weber insiders do not seem to post online. Weber keeps a very tight lid on it's future plans. Weber did dribble out the existence of (and info on) the Smokefire over a long period time last year, but that's the exception. Weber dropped the new Master-Touch premium for U.S. sale this week and the Glen Blue 26er a few weeks ago with no notice at all.

Then there is the Covid 19 factor. Production was stopped or slowed for a significant portion of the year. R&D likely suffered the same fate (Also R&D has got to be still working OT on the bumpy SmokeFire launch). Inventory is seems really tight at the moment, at least on some kettle models (performers and master-touches). I think that's because of the production cuts and more people staying home to cook outdoors.

The Genesis II line is only a few years old. I saw where Chris A. posted this week that the Summit gasser line has gone without a major redesign since 2011. That would be my guess for the next big Weber reveal. Weber's only made minor tweaks to the Genesis II line since introduction.

I love that SE-330 in Crimson. Gorgeous grill; love the open cart. Seems like a great feature set that's worth the extra $50 over the E-330. (A set of 9mm bars from RCP would run over $100). If I were in the market for a new gasser, that would be my choice.
GenesisIICrimson1.jpg

No rumors yet. Info usually comes in dribs and drabs once the fall retailer shows begin. Don't know if those are happening this year in the COVID-19 era. But stay tuned here, we'll post what we know when we know it! :D

I repair and refurbish Weber grills. Weber has a great warranty on their grills and you will need it on the newer ii models. I get more people asking me to replace or repair theirs then any other years and models. I have several lids, seems that the new models are made cheaply and rust quicker. I always tell people it may be cheaper to repair their older models Weber then to replace with a new one. Just my personal thoughts.

I repair and refurbish Weber grills. Weber has a great warranty on their grills and you will need it on the newer ii models. I get more people asking me to replace or repair theirs then any other years and models. I have several lids, seems that the new models are made cheaply and rust quicker. I always tell people it may be cheaper to repair their older models Weber then to replace with a new one. Just my personal thoughts.

So very true, as many here would attest. That said, the Crimson SE Genesis II shown above at least tries to do some hearkening back to the classic Genesis. Real wheels on one side instead of all casters, OPEN CART (y), and while not truly "red" a "crimson" hood. Then add in some modern touches like the new burners, sear burner, AWESOME stainless rod grates and you have a very nice grill. No, it is not as robustly built as a Genesis 1000 or Silver that most of us here really prefer. But, if your heart is set on new and you are willing to invest in taking extra good care of your grill, this would certainly be a super nice one to have. I wouldn't mind having one to grill on:cool:!

You are saying that you’re repairing and replacing Genesis II models (2017 to current). I think that strains credulity.

Really? I know a couple of people that bought genesis II grills in 2017 and those grills are holding up great.

I have a 2013 model that I use frequently that is holding up well except for some burner screws and the sear burner heat shield, heck even the cart is doing ok. Now everything I read says the 2017+ models should be as robust if not more robust build compared to my 2013 model, but if there are areas that are showing premature failure that would be interesting to know even with a 10 year warranty to cover everything.

I have a 2008 Summit that quite frankly has seen its better days, covered a lot under warranty though the cart is now rusting, somehow a door hinge fell off, the electric assembly to the lighted knobs has failed me a second time, I never use the infrared or rotisserie, and the smoke box never seemed to really work great (smoke goes right out the side its near), so I'm just tired of replacing stuff and want to simplify, and like the open cart design of the Genesis II which I hope will cut down on future rusting, plus the feature I use the most, the sear burner is now an option on the Genesis (not to mention the thick stainless steel cooking grates). I'll expirament around with a 3rd party smoke box accessory.

I have a 2008 Summit that quite frankly has seen its better days, covered a lot under warranty though the cart is now rusting, somehow a door hinge fell off, the electric assembly to the lighted knobs has failed me a second time, I never use the infrared or rotisserie, and the smoke box never seemed to really work great (smoke goes right out the side its near), so I'm just tired of replacing stuff and want to simplify, and like the open cart design of the Genesis II which I hope will cut down on future rusting, plus the feature I use the most, the sear burner is now an option on the Genesis (not to mention the thick stainless steel cooking grates). I'll expirament around with a 3rd party smoke box accessory.
I think you would like the genesis II. I prefer my older vintage genesis 1000 but the genesis II grills are nice and seem pretty well built. At least in my first hand experience with friends and families grills.

Weber really needs a complete redesign of the summit line. The flagship line should be built better. Maybe that is coming soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just a little hesitant to buy a few months before I know they usually introduce new products in December, might be some new features I'd like. Then again I'd like to use it before it's sub-freezing out! :)

Yeah I would have to think that they would hold up nearly as well if not as well as the old war horses. While I don't like them I don't see any inferior materials in use on them
I remember buying the model of my Summit on sale as a closeout I think specifically because the newer model they switched to a cheaper stainless steel, maybe that has something to do with it.

I think you would like the genesis II. I prefer my older vintage genesis 1000 but the genesis II grills are nice and seem pretty well built. At least in my first hand experience with friends and families grills.

Weber really needs a complete redesign of the summit line. The flagship line should be built better. Maybe that is coming soon.
Yeah, was considering another Summit but a lot of the issues I mentioned I've had with mine people are still complaining about on the new models.

I live here in Florida right on the gulf. The salt messes these up quick.

That makes sense. But then that would also be the case for the older genesis 1000 and silver grills wouldn't it? Those grills don't fare well in a salt air environment either particularly the painted steel frame.

The only grills that truly last in coastal areas are the ones that are all stainless. High quality stainless. Or that have a stainless frame and the standard cast aluminium firebox. At least that's what I've learned over the years from reading this forum (I don't live on the coast). Has your experience been different?

Last edited:
That makes sense. But then that would also be the case for the older genesis 1000 and silver grills wouldn't it? Those grills don't fare well in a salt air environment either particularly the painted steel frame.

The only grills that truly last in coastal areas are the ones that are all stainless. High quality stainless. Or that have a stainless frame and the standard cast aluminium firebox. At least that's what I've learned over the years from reading this forum (I don't live on the coast). Has your experience been different?
I see a lot of rusted stainless Weber's here.

Back