Another Performer Deluxe 2015 Question

FraserP_UK

I'm in the UK and considering buying a Performer Deluxe.

From what I can tell, the 2015 version has a different lid bale that allows the lid to be nearly vertical, rather than the angled set up of previous years. Was there a new model number released for this 2015 version? This may help in verifying the model the UK stores have available. The 'latest' UK model is 1481998.

My nearest 'dealer with one in stock is 200+ miles and therefore it's not an easy view. It's also more expensive than other sources for an online purchase. Its already significantly more in the UK than the USA equivalent price, US $600. :eek:

And, BTW, Hello everyone

Last edited:
I think I have located the answer. After checking several US outlets the Performa Deluxe for 2015 appear to have a ref: 15501001
They have the metal table, greater lid bale clearance and a few other mods.

That being the case the models on sale in the UK are last years with 1481998, that could explain why we have the plastic table and the updated lid bale isn't fitted. :(

Last edited:
Wow, not sure that I could bring myself to spend that $600.00 equivalent price for the Performer after seeing what they sell for here. Welcome to the forum Fraser.

Bob H,
Consider that to be nearer $700. In europe but the UK in particular Weber and it's stockists are having a laugh!

I posted the same question and response in another forum, so apologies if you are seeing this for a 2nd time.

I called up Weber UK customer support to cross check the situation re the uK model of the Performer Deluxe. They confirmed that ALL the uk stock is the 2014 build. So no improved bale or metal table etc.... ( and BTW no planned deployment of the 2015 version in sight) ::)

I asked about buying in the rest of Europe where the 2015 version is available, and was advised that the resellers are instructed NOT to ship overseas, ie the UK !

I also asked about buying just the new bale arm in the USA and was told that Weber USA would not ship overseas!

This is the biggest load of crap I have heard, I thought that the UK were part of the European Union with open borders and trading? Not according to Weber we are not! I am am going to contact Weber UK and USA to get a definitive written answer.

So guys, when you are thinking where do all the old models that have been withdrawn in the USA go to die, think no further, they have all been set to the UK!!

Also USA weber buyer's think yourself very fortunate. Here in the UK, we have to pay 1/3rd more than you do, for an outdated kettle models!

WELL DONE WEBER !!! :(

After several large glasses of Sauvignon Blanc, I am now more chilled out ! Growl over....

Fraser, your frustrations are understandable. All your points are valid, and some of those decisions by Weber are hard to understand. That said, I think the markup for the EU market and all markets outside the US is a pretty typical practice. The grills are manufactured in the USA, so it stands to reason that these items would bear a higher retail price overseas, after all duties, export taxes, and transportation have been paid. I know the products I buy that are made in Italy or in the UK are more expensive for me than they are in the markets where they are manufactured - so while this is not necessarily great for us consumers, it is pretty understandable from the business side.

You don't have it all bad though... there are many Weber products and particularly kettle colors that are readily available in the EU, but not available at all in the USA.

Welcome aboard, and I salute your taste in grillage!

Weber UK are just taking the p*ss. The EU (European Union ) is supposed to be a totally open \free market and according to Weber's practises, it is not. They (weber UK support) have admitted to restricting sales and then also charge a premium for their own pleasure.

It does not cost $300 to import a USA made, $400 kettle, to the UK! It's shameless profiteering. At the moment, the exchange rate £\$ is really good . it's increased by 20% in 6 months. That really highlights the high cost we pay in the UK. These should really be cheaper, but no benefit is passed on.

However........ it has now drawn me towards the 'dark side', I'm now looking at a Weber Spirit gasser (made in China of course), maybe that is the key? :rolleyes:

I need more wine !

Last edited:
Fraser- If it makes you feel any better, I shelled out $96 for a thermapen...... great piece of equipment. Glad to pay a premium for British made equipment here.

In your shoes, wanting the newest features, I would shoot through the Chunnel, buy my Performer in France, and then boogie back home. I'm sure the viability of that plan depends a lot on where you are in the U.K. -- but from just about anywhere, it wouldn't be more than an overnight trip at most, would it?

In your shoes, wanting the newest features, I would shoot through the Chunnel, buy my Performer in France, and then boogie back home. I'm sure the viability of that plan depends a lot on where you are in the U.K. -- but from just about anywhere, it wouldn't be more than an overnight trip at most, would it?

That little trip would add another £200 ($300) to the cost. Making the European Performer kettle project cost, equivalent to circa $1,000 ! I'm not that desperate. To import from the USA, approx $650 plus $400 delivery costs, so still very expensive.

Many thanks for the suggestion though.

Last edited:

Back