Amazon Order Link

BFletcher

TVWBB Platinum Member
Hopefully this is appropriate:

As I ponder the integrity and friendliness of this site I'm reminded how much I enjoy visiting and reading folks' threads. These benefits could not be possible without much dedication on the part of Chris, including his skill for jumping-in and communicating effectively and fairly when necessary.

As I remind myself, may I also remind all of us that Chris participates in Amazon's affiliate advertising program whereby Amazon allows him to earn advertising fees? Our order traffic with Amazon might be heavy right now and I'm going to to my part to navigate there from the Amazon Shopping link in this site's header menu. And if I recall correctly, we can verify we're using the affiliate link by looking for "tvwb-20" in our browser's address bar. I believe the screenshots below may illustrate this.

Thank you for taking a moment to read and consider this, and I recognize many of you were already ahead of me and have for ages linked to Amazon through this site. Merry Christmas to you and your families!

tvwbb amz links.png

amz link.png

I always come here and click on the link to go to Amazon knowing that it's a legit link.
I did get an email from what I thought was Amazon telling me I needed to update my credit card which I knew had expired. Very official looking email even with the right information on the "sent by bar". I clicked on the link provided and there was the information on updating my card. But something seemed strange not only did they want my new expiration date. The wanted me to fill out a form with my name, card number, security code, address and then I knew it was a bogus scam when they wanted my birth date and SS number.
I backed out and deleted the email and then went to the "Trash" app and deleted it again.
I then came here and went to Amazon via the link here clicked on my account , update CC and updated the expiration date and that was it.
I am very cautious about clicking on links that come to my email, but this one almost got me.

The general rule is to never follow a link in an email. Always go to the institution's main site and navigate from there. Anything should be available via the main site.

GoDaddy just phished their own staff with a "you're getting a $650 holiday bonus, go here for details." For an IT company, far too many employees fell for it.

If you are lazy like me, just copy the link and create a shortcut in your browser "Favorites" bar......that way you can avoid the exhausting effort of having to click your TVWBB shortcut, AND THEN click the Amazon link! ;) (I can hear my dad's eyes rolling.....and our long debate over why you would ever need a tv remote!) :)

R

100% agree. I too, appreciate Chris's efforts to make this awsome site possible, where a great group of people come together to share their thoughts and insights. This is my favorite forum to visit & the ONLY forum that I visit that doesn't have constant flame wars & trolling. Great people here!
I believe I've asked this before but, I'd like to know how do I make sure tvwbb gets credit when using Amazon's app on a smartphone?

Back