After years of finding reds and blacks, I finally found a blue.

Andy Rue

This Genesis sat outside a local thrift store until I brought it home for $15. Wood is in decent shape, should be able to refinish and reuse it. Apparently it had cast iron grates when it arrived but someone bought them separately. No biggie, I prefer stainless grates. But I’m surprised they didn’t take the whole thing home for the price.

79586BAC-E98B-4C2F-9956-8E3C6137CE7D.jpeg

What is the little square light colored patch up by the thermo? Otherwise looks like a great find for $15.

This looks awesome! Great score! That Cobalt Blue color is probably my favorite that Weber's ever used - it looks especially good on kettles!

Wow, that's a great find - a nice piece of Weber history right there! Looks like the flip up table was even included. And the rare steel hinge bracket is still on there to boot! Hard to tell but it looks like the correct early style grease cup hanger is there (made of all round wire - no flat bar). Not sure if all the Genesis 1 grills had the stainless clip on the leg for the swing up table rod but I don't see it there. Maybe only the earliest ones had that?

Wow, that's a great find - a nice piece of Weber history right there! Looks like the flip up table was even included. And the rare steel hinge bracket is still on there to boot! Hard to tell but it looks like the correct early style grease cup hanger is there (made of all round wire - no flat bar). Not sure if all the Genesis 1 grills had the stainless clip on the leg for the swing up table rod but I don't see it there. Maybe only the earliest ones had that?
I think maybe I see that clip; it definitely has what appears to be the correct end bracket to hold the swing table. The earliest Genesis 1 grills didn't have a swing-up table. I wonder if this was added by an owner later(?). I agree with you, too, that it seems to have the early Genesis wire grease tray holder. Those are hard to come by.

Back