A Unique Surf & Turf

Bill Schultz

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Saw a recipe I thought would be good In Coastal Living magazine and modified it slightly for Gin Infused Arctic Char. I used Atlantic Salmon. You guys should try this as it is fabulous.

1/2 cup fresh Dill, 1/3 cup each of brown and white sugar and Kosher.1/4 cup of a good Gin. 1 Tbsp Juniper Berries which I ground in a mortar, 1 Tbsp black peppercorns, zest of one Orange. All mixed well together and slathered on both sides of a nice fillet, skin removed, covered tight in plastic and another pan on top weighted heavy. In the fridge for 24 hours, then the filet out of wrap and on parchment paper in the fridge for another 8-12 hours.

DSC03980_zps6qle9f6e.jpg

DSC03983_zpsx6vx7sni.jpg

DSC03984_zpsbtqskx4m.jpg

The fragrance and flavor when done is superb, brush off all the dill etc.

DSC04010_zpskpzwd2zw.jpg

Nice thick cut Lamb Chops marinating in EVOO, crushed garlic and fresh Oregano from our garden over night

DSC04013_zpsocy4qcat.jpg

Brussels Sprouts dressed and marinating in EVOO, Honey, Champagne Vinegar and diced garlic in the fridge all day. Tossed a few times

DSC04014_zpssfez7eo3.jpg

Sprouts in the CI on the OTG and done, Chops indirect then on for a sear

DSC04016_zps9nixllu5.jpg

DSC04019_zpszn8cksax.jpg

Cocktail Rye Toasts buttered and in the oven at 350 till slightly toasted, Salmon sliced thin, Cornichons or Gherkins sliced thin, a dab of a stone ground mustard on first then a splatter of Chives and topped with a slight drizzle of a good EVOO

DSC04020_zpsypj766cj.jpg

All on the plate with a nice salad and a good glass of wine. We really enjoyed this meal

DSC04025_zps7ndfmlty.jpg

Wow, Bill, that looks amazing! I'll book mark that recipe (and your adjustments) for sure. Fresh, wild salmon has been a little scarce around here this year (read...expensive!), but if I find some will try this out. Chops and sprouts look spot on! Nice work.

Rich

Sounds Tasty! We have a really good local distillery that makes gin. I'll have to give this a shot.

WOW!!! Bill, you nailed that one and everything looks so delicious. That is one fantastic plate of food my friend.

Another masterpiece, Bill. Pretty cool variation on gravlax, must have been amazing on the cocktail toasts with all the various condiments. Nice classic preparation on the lamb chops, further elevated with garden fresh herbs.

Back