A modest cook - supper for two...

Robert McGee

TVWBB Gold Member
We decided to have pork steaks tonight. We had steaks from a Boston Butt we had the meat cutter slice in 1" thick steaks.

One of the steaks was enough for us two. I dumped a chimney of Kingsford Original, spread evenly over the bottom of my OTG. I applied a light coat of EVOO on both sides of the steak and applied a generous amount of Montreal Steak Seasoning (McCormick's) on both sides. When the grill was up to temperature, I brushed the grates and then oiled them.

The steak hit the grates and I flipped it several times with short time application of heat. When the steak was done (using my trusty Thermapen, of course), I removed it and let it rest a few minutes.

My lovely wife, Marilyn, was working on the sides. She fried strips of zucchini after drenching them in an egg wash and then dipping in Panko crumbs). They were fried in EVOO. After the zucchini, Marilyn, noticed all of the lovely bits in the skillet and then dropped the noodles in the skillet, taking advantage of the "good bits" and EVOO and fried the noodles. She also had homemade applesauce to complement the pork.

All in all, nothing earth shaking but a really tasty supper...

The OTG with that lovely pork smoke:

Pork Steak on the grill:

Plated with sides:

Thanks for listening:
Dale53:wsm:

Looks awesome. We love pork steak also, both for their taste and their price. They can be a bit of a challenge sometimes to cook properly and not make them tough. Big key is not to overcook them which you certainly didn't. Great job.

Looks great, we like Montreal on our pork steaks too. Usually toss in a chunk of hickory apple and cook over medium heat.

Back