A Maze N Pellet Smoker

I use the pellet/sawdust maze in my mini-WSM for cold-smoking cheese, tomatoes, salmon. Top and bottom vents wide open after making sure I have a good burn started.
Great tool.

I use the pellet/sawdust maze in my mini-WSM for cold-smoking cheese, tomatoes, salmon. Top and bottom vents wide open after making sure I have a good burn started.
Great tool.

Take a look at this ad at Amazon, it includes 20# hickory pellets and 20# of applewood pellets. Is there something not to like about it?????? Scroll down to see the pellets offered in this deal.

And I've heard from a caterer that Traeger pellets work best with the Amazn unit.

Last edited:
Take a look at this ad at Amazon, it includes 20# hickory pellets and 20# of applewood pellets. Is there something not to like about it?????? Scroll down to see the pellets offered in this deal.

And I've heard from a caterer that Traeger pellets work best with the Amazn unit.

Just to be clear, that is three separate items for a total of $97.53

As to the OP, I have been checking out the A-maze-n smoker lately after seeing a couple cold smoke threads mention it but I haven't bought one just yet...

I recommend getting with Todd Johnson the owner: (952) 736-7678 office, (952) 412-0484 (cell) or email: johnsontm@amazenproducts.com. He is a fellow BBQer who will tell you how it works best in a WSM as well as techniques to used to maximize effectiveness.

I bought one a while ago and went to use it last week. I bought alder sawdust but could not keep it lit. I know others like them. I used a torch like the directions call for so.....I will try it again. I bought it to smoke cheese. Its been pretty cold up here lately.

I have the Amazn Pellet Smoker (AMNPS). I bought it directly from Todd Johnson a couple of years ago. I use it in my mini-WSM and in my MES electric smoker. After a very short learning curve - especially with the MES - I've had no problems keeping my pellets lit for as long as is needed. I keep them in air tight containers and microwave them for a few seconds if I think they have absorbed moisture (rarely). Before lighting, I spritz the end I'm going to light with iso alcohol then hit it with my propane torch until I get a good flame. I let the flame burn for a few seconds then blow it out and watch the thin blue smoke.

Getting air to the pellet tray is the issue when using the MES. I'm working on a mail box to hold the AMNPS with a dryer vent connector to the air inlet on the MES. This is a mod that has been made by many folks who praise it highly.

I have NOT used the AMNPS in my OTG because I haven't figured out how to get enough oxygen to it. I'm not gonna cut any holes in the OTG, that's for sure.

Back