A lot of Wings

John Sully

TVWBB Fan
My wife and I do a party every summer for my oldest son, 37, and his life long friends. We try and make sure they and their families stay in touch. This year was 25 adults and 13 kids under 6 years old. I had the Smokefire, both 22 WSM's and the Genesis 310 going all day. We cooked 35 lbs of wings, 9 racks of St Louis ribs, 12 dozen clams, 10 lbs of shrimp and 12 lbs of pork loin, cubed on skewers with pineapples and 40 hot dogs.

I was able to get all 280 wings on the at one time !! The only mistake was not putting foil pans under the grates.

wings.jpgwings1.jpgwings2.jpgwings3.jpg

Sounds like a good time! This is exactly I saw the smoke fire being put to best use, giant rafts of wings, a dozen butts, 200 hotdogs and so on!!
12 dozen clams!? That’s Gross! (Sorry, the joke was just lying there.)
This year I feel like I’m pushing it with more than five outside the immediate family. So, in two weeks,I will do a little get together with some of my wife’s sons buddies and the family. I only invited one of the buddies but, he “shared” with the rest of the gang so, I’d have a hard time “disinviting” anyone but, it won’t feel as much as a party for my wife and DIL whose party it actually is. The boys generally come for MY birthday. Maybe we can get this train back on track by next year.

Back