A cold day of grilling

~Mark~

TVWBB Pro
A cold day of grilling is still better than work!!
ry%3D480

Grabbed some thighs and pealed the skin.

ry%3D480

Generously coated them with Weber's S&T

ry%3D480

Fired up the Performer and soaked some alder wood chips that I found at HD.

ry%3D480

Got everything going at 350

ry%3D480

Froze my behind off for 2 hours.

ry%3D480

Added JD store bought BBQ sauce.

ry%3D480

Pulled the foil off the potatoes and let it go for another 10 minutes.

ry%3D480

Now it's time to eat, talk to ya later.

don't look that cold out there Mark;)
Thighs & taters look Great!
We have the same plate design by pfaltzgraff

Thanks for the kind words. . . It was a cold day success to say the least.
The hat was the wife's. It was 12 when I went to work Friday, and when I left it was almost 60, so my winter hat is on my desk.
The wife has been collecting that Pfaltzgraff pattern since we've been married. It's crazy all the stuff they make.
I doubt I'm going to be grilling next weekend, It's going to be just about as cold as it was today, and I'm about burned out with the cold. I cooked out when it was below -5 three times this year, but for some reason I got cold as all get out today.

Mark that could have been chicken noodle soup from a can and if it was a day off from work would have still been good,
cause any day with no work is a good day! But your meal looks good too!

Those chicken thighs and au gratin(?) taters look really good! I know what you mean about the cold , too.
Done.with.it.

I don't think you'd find a can of chicken noodle soup in my house LOL, but I know what you are talking about.
Frank I think the next time I do the taters I'm going to un-foil them a bit earlier to pull in a little more smoke flavor. The chicken was good, but it was out of this world the next day. I don't know what happens to chicken thighs when they are in the fridge overnight, but I think they taste way better the next day.

I don't think you'd find a can of chicken noodle soup in my house LOL, but I know what you are talking about.
Frank I think the next time I do the taters I'm going to un-foil them a bit earlier to pull in a little more smoke flavor. The chicken was good, but it was out of this world the next day. I don't know what happens to chicken thighs when they are in the fridge overnight, but I think they taste way better the next day.
good idea , getting some smoke on the taters. Couldn't agree more about day old bbq tasting better. I think that's true of just about all of it.

Back