$8.40 Experiment

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Saw this the week before July 4th, you know me and deals
cALV1RS.jpg

I think the price per pound went up some
AFefuLn.jpg

It still looks worth $8.40, I don't know if it's Choice or Select, probably grading it ChuckO might not be a bad move
ZZype77.jpg

Decided it needed a good marinade. Had to substitute Lime juice for Lemmon and didn't have Italian Seasoning (whose married to a Wop for 40 years and doesn't have Italian seasoning?) I used 1tsp Oregano, 1tsp Thyme and 1tsp Rosemary as a substitute. We'll see what comes of that
Rj1CnFm.jpg

6eqxNfV.jpg

It's almost 9AM, sounds like beer thirty to me

First off, thank you for the recipe, second off, where did all that good flavorful fat go? lol

First off, thank you for the recipe, second off, where did all that good flavorful fat go? lol
That fat I removed isn't good fat, mostly because it doesn't render and it has a tendency to burn (google what the called TT back in the 50's) That's my first time making the marinade, sounds like it should be good. I'm thinking that TT is going to need some TLC due to it's lack of marbling

I have to confess...I have abandoned the topic at hand for the moment and am now immediately heading off to Amazon in search of the amazing old-school lunch room tray in you photo. Nostalgia rules!!!
I have one of those, I have no idea where it came from!

Wait. Hang on a sec. To be clear, Chuck managed to get a 3+ lb tri tip for under $9...

In my neck of the woods, that's some bizarre type of Yankee Swap. Or Chuck went Jedi on WinCo ("THIS IS THE TRI-TIP PRICE YOU WERE LOOKING FOR").

That's gonna be awesome, Chuck!!
That was my first thought, $9 a pound is good deal, $9 total what?!?! For that price it is well worth trimming it up!

I have to confess...I have abandoned the topic at hand for the moment and am now immediately heading off to Amazon in search of the amazing old-school lunch room tray in you photo. Nostalgia rules!!!
You must be fairly young sir. The lunch room trays when I was in school were a beige colored melamine. Better head to eBay 😆

Wait. Hang on a sec. To be clear, Chuck managed to get a 3+ lb tri tip for under $9...

In my neck of the woods, that's some bizarre type of Yankee Swap. Or Chuck went Jedi on WinCo ("THIS IS THE TRI-TIP PRICE YOU WERE LOOKING FOR").

That's gonna be awesome, Chuck!!
Yes, tell me about it! Several months ago I used a gift card to buy a 2lb+ tri tip at a Butcher's Market for $38.00! I thought it would be special, but sadly not so much. In fact, I personally won't be shopping there any more. Out of the $100+ I spent, only the marinated beef tips were worth any of the cost. I'll stick to my local markets, Costco and a nearby butcher as desired.

Back