7 up Tri Tip.

Mike Cosgrove

TVWBB Diamond Member
Friday night and my wife actually worked the evening shift so I had the pleasure of a grilled dinner with my sweetheart!:eek:
I found this 7 up citrus marinade at Menards today while picking up some charcaol, so I went ahead and bathed a tri tip in it.
5bly.jpg

Clay likes to think hes Mario with a squirrel suit, so he puts underwear on his head and made ears and wears a sock tail!:eek:
vpjm.jpg

Smokin away with mesquite and apple and a little hickory.
ipa8.jpg

Reverse sear at 120 until it hits about 135.
7ytg.jpg

Grilled some zucchini.
ue4h.jpg

Cut up after resting.
92pp.jpg

A plate.
gvcs.jpg

When shes happy Im happy!
7khh.jpg

Thanks for looking, off to the State Fair today!

Looks super tasty buddy! Dont even get me started on the Mario hype(have 2 of em right here aswell). So what did you think of the marinade?

Looks super tasty buddy! Dont even get me started on the Mario hype(have 2 of em right here aswell). So what did you think of the marinade?

I really like it, I find anything citrus base really does wonders for Tri Tip.

Who knew Mario Bros. Would still be around?

That pic of the sliced tri-tip: H-m-m Good! Smilin' happy family, even better! Have fun at the fair, Mike.

Tri tip looks good Mike...
I'm loving the pic of Clay! My son is into Mario bros also.
I must agree if the wife is happy we are happy. Have fun at the fair but don't bother buying the bbq unless you really know its good...

Mike great post and cook buddy!love it! Kids with imagination is great...mine seems to go back and forth from Adventure Time and Teen Titans...always running around dressed up as something!

Good stuff!

Friday night and my wife actually worked the evening shift so I had the pleasure of a grilled dinner with my sweetheart!:eek:
I found this 7 up citrus marinade at Menards today while picking up some charcaol, so I went ahead and bathed a tri tip in

Cut up after resting.
92pp.jpg

A plate.

When shes happy Im happy!

Thanks for looking, off to the State Fair today!

nice family time....great to see. And this tri tip looks absolutely perfect! How was the marinade? Make much impact?
hey have fun at the fair. Thanks for sharing. :wsm:

Back