3000 flip up table question

Richard in NS

TVWBB Wizard
Are the wood slats on the left flip up table on the Genesis 3000 the same length as the side shelf ones? If not, could someone give me the length please. From pics I see they look longer. The flip shelf was missing from mine and I got the hardware from Bruce and just need to make the slats.

Thanks,

Richard.

On the older grills with wider slats, the wood on the left side table was 19” long. I believe when they went to the narrow slats they were the same length as the side shelves.
Gerry

I have interchanged them. They can be the same size but if you are making them there is no specific limit for length since the pull up end terminates in a z bracket. The ones I have disassembled have support between the hinge and the end but the end where you grab to pull it up is not a factor in the mechanism.

The older ones, when the table is down, the wood is long enough that it ends even with the bottom shelf. I think it gives it a nice look. I think Weber just saved by making all the wood the same length. There is no functional difference except a few more square inches of surface area that nobody will really miss.
Gerry

Thanks everyone. I have a few of the shelf slats leftover so I will use those. Saves buying more wood at today’s ridiculous prices.

I was 15 1/4" L x 1 9/16" for everything. flip shelf was the same as the other ones. Just be sure to measure the flip up bracket positioning when swapping to the new wood.

I was 15 1/4" L x 1 9/16" for everything. flip shelf was the same as the other ones. Just be sure to measure the flip up bracket positioning when swapping to the new wood.
That is a problem Chris. I don’t have an existing shelf to measure off of. I will be asking for those measurements and hopefully pics when the assembly time comes. Have to cut, stain and varnish the slats first. The frame also needs some grinding, rust treatment and painting
along with the firebox and end caps. Just getting started.

Had to put my Genesis 2 restore on hold because of the cost of the clear cedar has gone up three times what it was last year. :(

Best of luck at it. Just keep chipping away and all of a sudden one day you'll be done. Found this picture of the back of the fiip table in my archives. Should help as a start. I have to get the dimension for the middle bar though. something like 4" i think from top of bar to end of shelf. Positioning of that piece will determine how level the table is when in the up position.

1624217178642.png

Yeah, you could even figure out the best spot for the bracket to get attached to when you reassemble it. I think there are 2 kinds of support rods, one kind pins into a hole in the frame and the other kind has a slider mechanism. You could figure out the attachment point with the table up then it’ll fold away.

Best of luck at it. Just keep chipping away and all of a sudden one day you'll be done. Found this picture of the back of the fiip table in my archives. Should help as a start. I have to get the dimension for the middle bar though. something like 4" i think from top of bar to end of shelf. Positioning of that piece will determine how level the table is when in the up position.

View attachment 30882
Thanks Chris. That pic will help for sure.

Yeah, you could even figure out the best spot for the bracket to get attached to when you reassemble it. I think there are 2 kinds of support rods, one kind pins into a hole in the frame and the other kind has a slider mechanism. You could figure out the attachment point with the table up then it’ll fold away.
Mine has the slide on the flat bar. I can’t find the support rod and am not sure if I got one from Bruce or not. Might have to fabricate one. Good tip on positioning it level upon reassembly. Thanks!

Back