$25 Facebook Marketplace Find/Silver B Restore

yeah, now I just have to make time for it, I think it'll be next after the one that I'm working on for myself. There's a lot less required for this one than the 2 other Gold's that I have in line.

Made lots of progress yesterday. The frame has been internally coated, pretty much all of the pieces parts have been spray painted.

Just a few more items to clean up such as the drip pan bracket.

Silly question, would you guys have a recommendation for a grill cover? Is the Weber 7130 the best fitting for this model of grill?

Well I've made some progress. Just finished cleaning the valves and sanding and installing the lid embelem. Was unable to clean-up all of the dread Weber Genesis black lid haze I've read about on a few forums but I think she cleaned up nice overall. Tomorrow starts full assembly! All parts including new rcplane grates and flavor bars are in. All other part have been cleaned up and painted if necessary. Time to get cooking this weekend. IMG_20200730_203147.jpgIMG_20200730_192113.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200730_202933.jpg
    IMG_20200730_202933.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 9
Make sure you do a good leak test on everything before you fire it up. If you removed any of those valves, for sure check them.
Post up some photos of it in action.

Make sure you do a good leak test on everything before you fire it up. If you removed any of those valves, for sure check them.
Post up some photos of it in action.
Thanks Bruce, I did not remove the valves but just disassembled. How do you normally leak check your valves? Soap test?

Yep, just open the valve on the tank, don't open the grill valves and then spray every connection to include the hose all the way to the manifold with soapy water. You will see bubbles forming if there is a leak.

Grill is coming along nicely!

Be careful painting inside!
I painted a couple Q lids down in my basement earlier this year when it was a little colder outside....big mistake. The HVAC system is down in the basement so all the smell from paint fumes got sucked up down there and gave the entire main floor a nice smell of high heat BBQ paint. Just in time for my visiting in-laws to come over for dinner o_O

I do all my painting in the garage now :coolkettle:

Grill is coming along nicely!

Be careful painting inside!
I painted a couple Q lids down in my basement earlier this year when it was a little colder outside....big mistake. The HVAC system is down in the basement so all the smell from paint fumes got sucked up down there and gave the entire main floor a nice smell of high heat BBQ paint. Just in time for my visiting in-laws to come over for dinner o_O

I do all my painting in the garage now :coolkettle:
I learned my lesson the hard way too, made that mistake with the internal frame coating! Everything else got painted in the garage and then transferred to the basement.

That is the problem we run into up north with rehabbing. Even if you are willing to work in the cold, you still can't paint anything unless you have some kind of heated unit to do it in.

She's done! Thank you gentlemen for all your help, I really appreciate the support. I was able to have some confidence in my process thanks to you all which I think made things go alot smoother. Hopefully she's good for another 20 years. IMG_20200801_141548.jpgIMG_20200801_141512.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200801_141506.jpg
    IMG_20200801_141506.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20200801_135313.jpg
    IMG_20200801_135313.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 13
IMG_20200801_185007.jpgFirst meal, garlic Franks, corn on the cob, veggie burgers for the wife, and stuffed mushrooms

That thing will go another 25 with regular maintenance and care. Might have to replace some burners or flavo bars during that time though. Those grates will be around longer than you.

Very nice! There is a guy on Facebook (and maybe he is here too) that makes custom wheel lettering for those wheels. Or you can just get the plain Weber ones. Pretty reasonable price too. Ill find his contact info if you want

Very nice! There is a guy on Facebook (and maybe he is here too) that makes custom wheel lettering for those wheels. Or you can just get the plain Weber ones. Pretty reasonable price too. Ill find his contact info if you want
Yeah if you could that would be great, they were all cracked so I just pulled out the lettering and painted the wheels. After buying all new grates, flavor bars, front casters, ignitor, and a new cover my wallet was feeling the burn.

His name is Charles. He makes them on a 3D printer. They look great and very reasonable prices.

Look him up on Facebook

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200802-131911.png
    Screenshot_20200802-131911.png
    438.8 KB · Views: 11

Back