22" WSM "the farm" with ribolator

Sorry, I haven't posted pic's in awhile. This is " The Farm" That I built to enable me to do a Comp. running at least 2 22" WSM with the one touch cleaning. The opposite side is open to allow for access to the Guru fans, One Touch Cleaning, along with an area to store the Wok, griddle, and more stuff. This "Farm" was designed to be rolled up on the back of a pick-up by one person. While at the Norwalk Comp. people were lined up taking pic's of it and said that this belongs up there with the "Minion Method" LOL. It's just something that I have built to allow a one person the flexability of cooking everything and being able to "Grill" also. Enjoy!

Bill, thanks for the pic. How did the ribs come out?
wsmsmile8gm.gif

The ribs were good but the rib-o-later needs some attention. What I didn't like was the fact that it dumped some racks when it shouldn't have IMO. I thought that before it went to market it would have had all the kinks worked out. I believe it's just something that I'm going to have to mess with. I already 45'd the corners for it to fit, but, to have that happen I was left wondering. Just my opinion.

Bill, one thing I would suggest is that you braise on a same gage sheet metal SS patch on the 45 degree chamfer gaps. I believe this will make the trays stronger and unable to twist. I wish you all the best with your Rib-O-later bro. Please keep us posted.

Mike, Thanks for the thought but, they arn't twisting. What they did do was dump over a couple of times tossing the ribs out. It isn't a question torque but when the shelve is on the down slope it sometimes flips the rack out. I'll mess with it, perfect it, and let you know what improvements IMO it needs, no biggie. I do like it, don't get me wrong.

Bill, I think you might try attaching some weights to the bottom of the trays which would make then bottom heavy and less likely to tip.

I'm not a technical guy, so please excuse my layman's terms. It looks like whatever allows the trays to swivel on the bar around the axis is getting gunked up, causing the trays to stick. Time will tell, but I suspect that you will either need to always keep the joints very clean or find a way to keep them lubed so that they can move freely.

Thanks. I use this set-up with 2 22"WSM's and the OTG along with my Stumps GF223 in Comps. I could do the whole Comp with this set-up though.

Very very nice work Bill. I remember you said something about a trailer when we met at Southwick now you don't need one. I like how you fixed the "problem". Good job

Bill wouldn't miss it for the world. I had a fantastic time. I'm having talks with Bob Fox about having catagories or changing it up to a one day grilling/smoking contest. Also a gate where people can come in and will be given a ticket for the peoples choice award. It was a little confusing last year.

Let Me know if I can help. What about doing a Nebs grilling part as well? Should have been Chicken, Ribs, Butt. There's a Hotel down the street and could have done it Friday nite so that more people could have Vend.

Bill I think they want to try to keep it as much of a one day deal as possible. I think a few stayed the night doing brisket etc. but I think after a while if to many people show up early things might get out of hand and the neighbors might get restless. I think if he were to have stuff that could be grilled by the average joe (chicken,fattie,pork chops etc.)that has a backyard grill or smoker they could get more competitors and the food wouldn't take hours to prepare and cook. Just my feelings though. I am going to meet with Bob and the Rotary club to discuss the issues from the last two years cause I think there onto something.

Back