2015 Performer Find

Scott Lester

TVWBB Member
New to the site, but not forums. I am excited to join here!

I'm a new Weber addict, purchased an Original kettle over the summer. That ignited the fever. After seeing post after post in FB of the Performers, I became envy of them and had to have one, but no way I was paying $450 for one. I combed the FB Marketplace until one day this beauty popped up in my town for $75!! I was on it quick because it was also a copper top!

It just needed a good cleaning and some new grates. I don't think the grill had ever been cleaned.

A little Zep, razor blade, plastic paint scraper, and some 0000 steel wool and she was as good as new! I also called Weber about the missing Hubcap, and they sent a pair for free. Today I added a cable gland for a nice temp probe port, received my new Inkbird IBBQ-4T as well.

This will pair well with my Slow-N-Sear and Vortex!

PXL_20210103_163900425.jpg

PXL_20210102_230151202.jpg

PXL_20210103_163900425.jpg

PXL_20210103_174906268.jpg

PXL_20210103_181618810.jpg

PXL_20210103_190203744.jpg

PXL_20210103_190213417.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20210103_164529777.jpg
    PXL_20210103_164529777.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 5
Man you did a great job with that clean up, that thing looks good as new and for $75! Get some pictures of that pork shoulder cook and get those action shots with that beauty posted in the photo gallery!

Now that's a feel good story!
Great job with the clean-up, it looks new. That is one fine cooking machine that has now found a good home.
Congratulations!!!

Looks great, those deals never show up around me but I have said that a dozen times or more!
Welcome to the show!
Spring will see a refurbishing of the “Overperformer”, it needs a good cleaning, sanding of the table and fresh varnish!

Looks great, those deals never show up around me but I have said that a dozen times or more!
Welcome to the show!
Spring will see a refurbishing of the “Overperformer”, it needs a good cleaning, sanding of the table and fresh varnish!
Seeing Scott's clean up job made me think, come spring I got to do the same thing to my Master Touch and the WSM, I even looked up the cleaner he used.

Welcome to the show!
They never happen here either! I jumped it QUICK

Seeing Scott's clean up job made me think, come spring I got to do the same thing to my Master Touch and the WSM, I even looked up the cleaner he used.
I only followed a Youtube video and that's what they used. Got it at Lowe's. Worked really good!

Some told me I was removing the seasoning. After today's smoke, its already reseasoned LOL. There is a fine line in seasoning and just plain nasty. The previous owner had never cleaned the bowl or grate ever. I started fresh!

I only followed a Youtube video and that's what they used. Got it at Lowe's. Worked really good!

Some told me I was removing the seasoning. After today's smoke, its already reseasoned LOL. There is a fine line in seasoning and just plain nasty. The previous owner had never cleaned the bowl or grate ever. I started fresh!
Yeah, I have been thinking about this today, probably more than I should, but I really think I am going to try to do a deep clean of the Master Touch come spring, like yours, but then only the outside and bottom section of the WSM, to leave the seasoning and the nice air seal that I have on ths middle section. I scrap the middle section and lid of ths WSM between each cook, to keep "clean" but not take off the nice seasoning. But that bottom section is ash and grim and could use a good cleaning.

That thing looks killer on your deck, great find,and clean up. That is what this site is all about keep them working, and learning to share. Welcome Scott you did good.

Scrubbing rebuilds is SOP, my Overperformer has simply had hard use this summer and I didn’t give it a good bath after the “normal” season, spring will see it get a serious top to bottom cleaning!

Welcome Scott! That copper performer cleaned up nicely. Amazing find for $75, you stole it!
Your name looks familiar, pretty sure you are the guy from Kettleheadz that I helped get the Inkbird thermometer? If so, then I'm glad you found your way here. And even better that you happen to be a fellow Braves fan!

Welcome Scott! That copper performer cleaned up nicely. Amazing find for $75, you stole it!
Your name looks familiar, pretty sure you are the guy from Kettleheadz that I helped get the Inkbird thermometer? If so, then I'm glad you found your way here. And even better that you happen to be a fellow Braves fan!
That would be me!!! Thanks for the help by the way!!!

Back