2013 Weber Spirit S320 Ignition Fault

PDay

TVWBB Fan
Hi, I am in the Uk and I have a faulty ignition on my 2013 Weber Spirit S320. The replacement ignition kit is nowhere to be found here but I have a question about the ignition for the E310. Is the spark generated in the push button that is mounted on the front of the grill? If so, could I not buy a kit for the E310 and replace only the push button on my S320? I notice from the pictures that both only have 2 connecting wires to the battery pack.

Many thanks

1616592774460.png1616592824523.png

I am not sure, but I would guess the actual electrical charge for the spark is generated in the black square module as that is where the battery is located. It looks to me like the push button is simple the switch that completes the circuit which sends the charge to the electrode.

How much would it cost to have one sent from this side of the Atlantic?

Do you have a side burner? What I did was buy 2 after market electronic igniters and used one for the grill and one for the side burner. I drilled a new hole in the front of the side burner for the new button. I liked the setup better than original as it was less expensive and I liked having a separate button for just the side burner. This is what I purchased https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072L21N5H/?tag=tvwb-20

Back