2009 Weber Genesis w/side burner

SteveNYC

Hi all, there are two hoses, one rubber that goes to gas tank, and a metal hose that feeds the side burner. I recently notice this metal hose (part number 67781) has been catching fire when I turn the grill on, I called Weber but the representative said they no longer make this part and told me basically to go fish or buy a new grill.

Is there another option or another part you know I could use as a replacement? Thanks

Attachments

• 74AD0B5E-EAF1-4427-A666-F15796419771.jpeg
    74AD0B5E-EAF1-4427-A666-F15796419771.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 80B9DF95-B8CA-4326-B5D3-28B32BFF518A.jpeg
    80B9DF95-B8CA-4326-B5D3-28B32BFF518A.jpeg
    115.9 KB · Views: 32
What have you done so far to identify the source or problem with that line to cause it to catch on fire.
Cracked, a hole ,leaking at fitting?

Hi,

The original OEM part would be best but your grill is getting old.

You could use some type of Y or T fitting to split the propane delivery.

So tank to regulator to split fitting. You can use rubber hoses as long as you stay clear of the firebox

Hi Steve, Welcome.

So, 2009 E320. My mom has that grill and the side burner is on the left hand side, so the gas line has to run from right to left, and probably is about 4 feet long or maybe more.

It looks like the fitting on the manifold is 3/8 Flare You'll need to check to see what fitting is on the burner side. Then I'd look for a SS supply line. I didn't look that hard, but most I saw have FIPS or MIPS connectors ( Iron Pipe thread ) and you'll need a brass adapter to connect the manifold to the hose, and on the burner side you'll likely need an adapter.

Can you post a pic on the underside of the burner so we can see what the fitting is?

Here's an example of the supply line that has FIPS on both ends. Easy enough to find adapters, and overall not that expensive.

1669144272222.png

Last edited:
Thank y’all for the speedy response! I haven’t had a chance to take the metal hose out, but it’s clearly caught fire like 5 different times, I initially thought was a grease patch, but as I blew the flame out it would pop and light up again.

I think I got it 2009, my side burner is on the left, i have it turned off, but this line still catches fire when I grill. Three burner knobs on the right with a metal table/cover on both sides

Will try to take a pic tonight after work, I had those other two pics on my phone

Below is a link to the discontinued part.

It looks like it has a quick connect fitting on the burner side. Please post a close up pic of the burner side connector.

View attachment 63110

Yes! This is the part but it is discontinued

Steve,

I would pickup a 3/8 inch flare nut cap on my way home. any decent hardware store should have this, maybe even big box hardware store like lowes or HD.

I'd then cap the fitting on the manifold side so the grill can be used until you sort out the line to the side burner. The flare fitting does not need any pipe sealant or tape, just the fitting.

Or order on amazon.

Last edited:
Steve,

I would pickup a 3/8 inch flare nut cap on my way home. any decent hardware store should have this, maybe even big box hardware store like lowes or HD.

I'd then cap the fitting on the manifold side so the grill can be used until you sort out the line to the side burner. The flare fitting does not need any pipe sealant or tape, just the fitting.

Or order on amazon.

Yes this sounds like a doable resolution, will give this a go this w/e

It looks like a pretty generic corrugated SS gas line. Odds are it should be easy to replace. BTW turning off the burner does no good to stop that. Because the valve to shut down the side burner is on the side burner assembly so there is always gas under pressure in that line.

The pic below is a 2009 or 2010 E320 showing the connector on the side burner. I wonder if you could make one using Automotive fuel line.

20221124_153627.jpg

No. That is nothing more than CSST (corrugated stainless steel tubing). It's easy to find at any big box store and it's what should be used. Comes in varying lengths and diameters

No. That is nothing more than CSST (corrugated stainless steel tubing). It's easy to find at any big box store and it's what should be used. Comes in varying lengths and diameters
Can you post a link ? I'm not finding CSST in a small diameter anywhere, and there isn't a lot of clearance for this along the back of the grill.

edit: I don't need one now, but my mom and my sister both have E320 grills so I'd like to have this in my notes just in case.

Last edited:
Dormont makes some smaller diameter kits (3/16" & 1/4") in varying lengths from 12" to 30". An example part number would be T3-KIT-30 for a 3/16"x30" kit as pictured below and also for Google search purposes.
Dormont.PNG

Thanks Tom.

I think 1/4 inch inside diameter 48 inch long will work. Found one on a closeout on grainger for $1.99 ( plus $11 shipping )

Nothing wrong with that price even after the shipping charges. You’ll have all the BTU’s you need there…it flows 45,000 plus at 48” in LP. It’s got some big fittings on the ends, though. They’re a full 1/2” thread so you’ll have some adapting to do.

Last edited:
Yes this sounds like a doable resolution, will give this a go this w/e
Good Morning, I just joined this group and have the same problem with the same BBQ. I'm curious as to how you resolved it - capped or new CSST? Were you able to determine the proper size and thread of the cap required as I'm fine with just eliminating the side burner as I rarely used it. I would just like to get maybe another year out of this BBQ.
Thanks,
Craig

Not sure if it the same as a Silver B or Genesis 1000, but if so, the plug to delete the side burner gas tap on the manifold would be a 1/8th NPT plug.

Back